Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Australian GP @ Melbourne

My Cars
    VW MK7 GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldUlysses View Post
    Race was decent, but ESPN's TV coverage was the worst I've ever seen. The pre-race show started with a static shot of a corner of the track for the first 15 minutes before ESPN decided to shoehorn in some basketball analysis while we were waiting.

Brundle's gridwalk was excruciating to watch. And no pre- or post-race analysis. What happened to Will Buxton?

Looks like ESPN paid for the world feed and slapped some bumper graphics on it. Terrible.
    ESPN is just using the Sky Sports broadcast. ESPN has no control over the content aside from when they put on the commercials.

Buxton works directly for F1 now. Check out F1 Paddock Pass, 30 min show with Will 1-3 times throughout the weekend. Its on F1 Youtube channel and on their main website.

RTR

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    ESPN app works good. I never understood the smack talk about NBC Sports coverage, compared to Sky, which is pretty meh.

Seb stole that one, good for him, wipes the smug off party modes face. Kimi seemed pissed about it.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    ESPN said on twitter they were sorry for how the 1st race went, and would do everything to fix it for the 2nd and subsequent races.
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Quote Originally Posted by RRocket View Post
    ESPN is just using the Sky Sports broadcast. ESPN has no control over the content aside from when they put on the commercials.
    Well then Sky's broadcast is crap compared to NBCSN's. I hate to say it, but if today was representative of the average quality of the Sky broadcasts (I never saw anything of them other than the races themselves), then they pale in comparison to NBCSN's pre- and post-race coverage, the featurettes, the track analysis, the Sam Posey pieces, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers320is View Post
    ESPN said on twitter they were sorry for how the 1st race went, and would do everything to fix it for the 2nd and subsequent races.
    I hope so... It was utter garbage.

In somewhat-related news, watching the Sky Sports F1 page light up in dismay over Vettel's win is a beautiful thing to behold.
    Current: '94 MX-6 V6/5 • '72 240Z • '10 Mazda5
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S
    Wish list: Type 44 • Manta • Pre-'85 CGT • 405 Mi16 • SVX • W123 Coupe

My Cars
    2018 M3 6MT, 2001 740iL
    Race was decent, but ESPN's TV coverage was the worst I've ever seen. The pre-race show started with a static shot of a corner of the track for the first 15 minutes before ESPN decided to shoehorn in some basketball analysis while we were waiting.
    The random basketball thing was being broadcast right before the pre-race show was on. They looped the same static shot, and first commercial, then jumped to rebroadcasting part of the basketball show.
    While they were having whatever issues they were having, I was briefly optimistic that the coverage would just be raw feed, no commentary. Just track ambiance and motorsport noise. That was not the case...

The feed and commentators were fine. The commercial breaks were so random and crap. I like what they do for DTM races, I want to say it was on a CBS sports channel? They would get the continuous commercial free feed, and at the expense of loosing live coverage, would insert commercial breaks, but pause the feed, and pick it up exactly where it left off. Never missed anything. Just need to plan ahead and DVR/fast forward.

And omg Haas. I feel so bad for them.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Well then Sky's broadcast is crap compared to NBCSN's. I hate to say it, but if today was representative of the average quality of the Sky broadcasts (I never saw anything of them other than the races themselves), then they pale in comparison to NBCSN's pre- and post-race coverage, the featurettes, the track analysis, the Sam Posey pieces, etc.

I hope so... It was utter garbage.

In somewhat-related news, watching the Sky Sports F1 page light up in dismay over Vettel's win is a beautiful thing to behold.
    Even on PlanetF1 the anti Ferrari and Vettel haters were livid, saying the Hass troubles werr orchestrated by Ferrari. And the VSC was deliberate to ruin LH.
    If I remember VSC helped LH last year in a couple of races.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    You guys want to talk about the coverage or the race?

I'm not really sure why a lot of people are saying that Vettal gained a position in the pits during the VSC. Technically he was in 1st place when he entered the pits and left in first place. That doesn't sound like he gained an actual position, just a theoretical position.

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    So disappointing about Haas, how does one team have two huge blunders like that in the same damn race??

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Question, how does the VSC works? I know drivers have to keep a certain speed, but how LH could get very close to Vettel, but Kimi kept like 3 blocks difference to Lewis. Only when the SC came out he got close, but then lost his chance to maybe unsettle Lewis on the restart.

And where's VaMP

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    VaMP is hurting small animals because the thug Vettel beat out King Ham. He may be jumping off the London Bridge soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    LMAO. Vamp is always present. The thug got lucky with the VSC, hardly a deserved victory. Even Kimi was spanking him before the VSC.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Vªmp View Post
    LMAO. Vamp is always present. The thug got lucky with the VSC, hardly a deserved victory. Even Kimi was spanking him before the VSC.
    Victory is a victory..... a lot of times cry baby Lewis got lucky with the VSC or red flags....

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    I dont remember a race where the Legend inherited a lead after a VSC/SC/red flag. Care to point out some?

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    I dont remember a race where the Legend inherited a lead after a VSC/SC/red flag. Care to point out some?
    The Legend????

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    . Ok, so you cannot point out any.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    Quote Originally Posted by agentrnge View Post
    The feed and commentators were fine. The commercial breaks were so random and crap. I like what they do for DTM races, I want to say it was on a CBS sports channel? They would get the continuous commercial free feed, and at the expense of loosing live coverage, would insert commercial breaks, but pause the feed, and pick it up exactly where it left off. Never missed anything. Just need to plan ahead and DVR/fast forward.
    Yeah I was OK with the commentators and feed. Never had an issue with Crofty and Brundle. The pre- and post-race stuff was awful though.

And you're right; the commercial breaks were very sudden and random. My son commented on that a number of times.

And omg Haas. I feel so bad for them.
    Did you see the pic of Grosjean consoling the member of the pit crew who had the wonky gun? Nice moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers320is View Post
    Even on PlanetF1 the anti Ferrari and Vettel haters were livid, saying the Haas troubles were orchestrated by Ferrari. And the VSC was deliberate to ruin LH.
    If I remember VSC helped LH last year in a couple of races.....
    SkySportsF1 tears are delicious.
    Past: '02 330i/5 • '85 RX-7 GSL-SE • '95 540i/6'95 525i/5'86 635CSi/5 • '88 JZA70 • '86 4K quattro • '85 RX-7 S

My Cars
    F150, Suburban, M3
    . Ok, so you cannot point out any.
    Spanish Gran Prix last year.

"It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes."
    -DNC

My Cars
    E92 M3,SL63 AMG
    He did gain some time on safety car, but he overtook the thug on track though.

My Cars
    yay
    Well, interesting race.

Did the adjustments RB made to fix Max's understeer in quali become too much for the conditions on Sunday?

Astonishing day for Haas.

Halo was awful. Liberty's new F1 sound track is cheesy, terrible and embarrassing. Motion sequences introducing drivers were cringeworthy.

I did like the brass band after the race - high class.

No grid girls FTL.

My Cars
    '94 MX-6
    From RBR. Gold:

'It’s day one of a new season, the cars have fired up in anger for the first time and that means only one thing – obfuscation, clarification and investigation. Here are a handful of the most common phrases you’re likely to hear this evening and their real meanings.

1. ‘The car is at a very early stage of development’ = ‘We have built a terrible, terrible car and have no idea how to fix it’.

2. ‘We suffered a small technical issue that temporarily interrupted running’ = Fire! Fire! Fire! Run for cover.

3. ‘The problems we had didn’t affect our weekend preparations’ = It really isn’t going to get any better than this.

4. ‘Friday times aren’t representative’ = Friday times are totally representative and we will be eliminated in Q1 all season.

5. ‘Rookie Driver X’s feedback was excellent’ = Oh God, this one is not only slow, he’s stupid as well. It’s a good job he’s rich.

6. ‘It takes time to build a new relationship’ = We cannot bolt the gearbox to the engine.

7. ‘Obviously there is always room for improvement’ = There is no way of improving this.

8. ‘We are still trying to understand the tyres’ = We don’t understand the tyres and we probably never will.

9. ‘It’s incredibly tight in the midfield’ = We are going to finish 9th this season.

10. ‘The Albert Park Circuit is not representative’ = It’s going to be even worse when we get to Barcelona.'

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Accurate.

My Cars
    Alpha Romero
    I love that Haas isn't backing down from the accusations (true or not) that their car is a Ferrari replica, or Ferrari B team.

Quote Originally Posted by HaasRacing View Post
    He added: “If you have to justify your incompetence, attack is the best defence."
    http://www.planetf1.com/news/haas-ri...-incompetence/

My Cars
    BMW & Lotus
    I love that Haas isn't backing down from the accusations (true or not) that their car is a Ferrari replica, or Ferrari B team.

Yes. As Danny Ric would say, "f****** sore losers". I hope Haas does really well this year, just need to practice the pitstops a bit more.
    '14 Evora S - Chrome Orange/Ebony
    '02 M5 - Carbon Black/Silverstone
    '15 M235i xDrive - Mineral Grey/Black

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale

Well you never know, McLaren and Alonso might have the other teams' stolen blueprints again...
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Red Bull demands changes in engine rules due to Mercedes domination once again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast