Thread: sharing a cool coupe rear fog light pic

sharing a cool coupe rear fog light pic

I like.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Cool!

My old E34 M5 had rear fog lights...two of them. Don't laugh at my license plate; I was a dumb college kid (and shocked the DMV approved it).

DSC00048.2.jpgDSC00058.jpg

My D2 S8 only had one on the driver's side. I'd use it occasionally, but usually got a comment of "hey, one of your tail lights is out."
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

e34 m5......

one of my all time favs.

drove a brand new one at dealer........a true beast

My Cars
    z3
    My Saab has rear fog lights

The only time I ever use them is on the highway when people are tailgating me... I just turn them on for a second to look like I'm braking...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2x 1997 BMW Z3 2.8
    I think for euro cars that's unusual to not have rear fog lights.

My Cars
    z3
    US cars dont have them because all the cars that do have them (mostly older Mercedes and Audis) drive around with them on all the time like a freaking idiot

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkoupe View Post
    e34 m5......

one of my all time favs.

drove a brand new one at dealer........a true beast
    This one had the bigger 3.8L 340hp motor and a color combo to die for. Fjord Grey Metallic (I was told at the time only the 850CSI and M5 shared that color but never confirmed) over grey Alcantara with the M Rain inserts. I no longer have the car, but a got a BimmerBreaker M Rain hat now. That's just as good, right?

That car sale was the one regret of my automotive history. I've never come across another like it (never even seen another like it).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    US cars dont have them because all the cars that do have them (mostly older Mercedes and Audis) drive around with them on all the time like a freaking idiot
    No joke. I'd only use mine on really foggy days. I recall driving up I70 to the mountains one day in the thickest fog and could barely make out tail lights 50ft in front of me. I was glad I had rear fogs that day.
    Nathan in Denver

1999 M Roadster, VFE V3 S/C, Randy Forbes Reinforced, Hardtop, H&R/Bilstein, Apex PS-7, Supersprint
    1999 Z3 2.8 Coupe, Headers, 3.46, Manual Swap, H&R/Koni, M Geometry/Brakes, M54B30 Manifold, Style 42

and u had this beast in high school?

My Cars
    1999 Z3M, 1999 2.8 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkoupe View Post
    and u had this beast in high school?
    I was just about to graduate college (2004). I found the car on Roadfly and sent a link to my dad somewhat jokingly telling him it was "the one." He told my if I put 10% down, he'd loan me the rest (I had just lost my pristine '88 535i to a monster hail storm in Golden). I booked a one way ticket to El Paso to meet the seller. We concluded the deal and as a thank you for the smooth transaction he paid for my hotel room for the night. Around 11:30pm, I was too excited to sleep and hit the road back to Denver. I hit the speed limiter somewhere in the middle of New Mexico, and rolled into the driveway in Littleton around 8am.

After my graduation ceremony a couple weeks later, I opened a gift from my parents. It was the title to the car in a frame with a card that read something like "happy debt-free graduation." I have pretty awesome parents. Apparently a few minutes after I sent the link to my dad, he forwarded it to my mom with the words "Graduation gift?." He even went as far as to draw up a contract for the loan that we both signed.

I was floored.
    Nathan in Denver

My Cars
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by deni2s View Post
    I think for euro cars that's unusual to not have rear fog lights.
    They are required in all EU countries as far as I know, even though most people rarely (if ever) use them. In Germany you're only allowed to turn them on if the visibility is less than 50 meters (164 ft).

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    US cars dont have them...
    Friend of mine here has a brand-new Mercedes Benz E300 that has a rear LED foglight in the driver's side taillight. I was surprised to see it has one.

Quote Originally Posted by s8ilver View Post
    I was just about to graduate college (2004). I found the car on Roadfly and sent a link to my dad somewhat jokingly telling him it was "the one." He told my if I put 10% down, he'd loan me the rest (I had just lost my pristine '88 535i to a monster hail storm in Golden). I booked a one way ticket to El Paso to meet the seller. We concluded the deal and as a thank you for the smooth transaction he paid for my hotel room for the night. Around 11:30pm, I was too excited to sleep and hit the road back to Denver. I hit the speed limiter somewhere in the middle of New Mexico, and rolled into the driveway in Littleton around 8am.

After my graduation ceremony a couple weeks later, I opened a gift from my parents. It was the title to the car in a frame with a card that read something like "happy debt-free graduation." I have pretty awesome parents. Apparently a few minutes after I sent the link to my dad, he forwarded it to my mom with the words "Graduation gift?." He even went as far as to draw up a contract for the loan that we both signed.

I was floored.

great great story.....

they are keepers.....your folks and that gen m5