Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Ungo alarm removal off from 318i

My Cars
    E36 318i

Ungo alarm removal off from 318i

Hey everybody! A problem with my e36 have been appeared. I will start from beginning maybe something useful is in details.

Since soon is MOT and I noticed that one of number plate light did not work I figured out that it needs to be fixed.
    When inspected the number plate light noticed that along the side of trunk there is wires and when checked the wires noticed that inside the isolation bunch of wires were taped but also cut next to the tape. The attached them back together and wanted to start the car to check the number plate light, but the car did not want to start because of the alarm.

Tried to unlock and lock the car with remote but the alarm light just went from solid red, to red blinking, and to nothing, and when tried to start the light is solid yellow and does not crank at all. Then separated the wires that I attached before and still nothing.

Figured out that as the alarm remote was sometimes glitching that I will remove the alarm.
    Took off the panels and there was UNGO alarm brain box and some spliced wires and some of the wires went to ignition wires. Cut everything off that was from UNGO box, and attached back all cut wires but the car still is not cranking.

At one point imagined that maybe the starter relays or something is fucked, tried to push start and completely nothing.

Maybe someone have some ideas what could be?
    Last edited by dakshinja; 04-01-2018 at 07:49 AM.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

Take the car to a local reputable and knowledgeable automotive electrician. They will remove the old alarm properly.

There's no need to use profanity words either !

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    E36 318i
    I am myself and educated Automotive technologist. I just wanted to get some info maybe about Ungo alarms or somebody have had any experience of removing alarms.
    Sorry for rude words, edited that, did not even notice that I used it.

Got the car starting today, checked all the connection and apparently the connection that was under bonnet for the BMW 20pin it was a bit loose and that was the problem why the car did not want to start.

Thanks DennisCooper, thats very helpful suggestion, not forgetting that I cant start the car.

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    Ignition line is the one that usually gets interrupted - black with yellow. Make sure you dig around under the driver's side of the dashboard. Aftermarket looking wiring and relays are a dead give away of alarm components.