Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Car Cover Questions

My Cars
    M6 (2013)

Car Cover Questions

Howdy, guys.

I'm returning to the forum from a long absence as a BMW owner, but I am buying an 2013 M6 and want to be sure I care for her right from the start.

I live in Northeast PA, and there are lots of trees, which means lots of: bird poop, tree sap, dropping acorns, falling branches and malevolent critters of various types that like warm places.

Do you guys have a recommendation for a good, high quality car cover? Or should I just go with a CarCapsule (recommendations appreciated on brand) and be done with it? I've seen prices all over the map for covers, but it seems $400 is not unheard of and that's half way too a capsule.

The concern I have is that my Homeowners Association has prohibited car ports, and while the CarCapsule doesn't fall into that category, you know how bureaucrats are.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2008 BMW M6 Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by RKBAMAN View Post
    Howdy, guys.

I'm returning to the forum from a long absence as a BMW owner, but I am buying an 2013 M6 and want to be sure I care for her right from the start.

I live in Northeast PA, and there are lots of trees, which means lots of: bird poop, tree sap, dropping acorns, falling branches and malevolent critters of various types that like warm places.

Do you guys have a recommendation for a good, high quality car cover? Or should I just go with a CarCapsule (recommendations appreciated on brand) and be done with it? I've seen prices all over the map for covers, but it seems $400 is not unheard of and that's half way too a capsule.

The concern I have is that my Homeowners Association has prohibited car ports, and while the CarCapsule doesn't fall into that category, you know how bureaucrats are.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    I’m located in Pittsburgh so our weather situations are similar. If you plan on driving your car daily, a car capsule is probably out as a consideration. They are strictly for long term storage and need to be erected in a garage with access to power. If you’re talking about outdoor overnight parking then any weather resistant car cover will do. Ease of deployment is important as is storage size. I personally use a BMW brand cover craft evolution 3 fabric cover. Cost, around $200. It combines weather resistance and ding protection in the same product. The down sides are that they are toast after 2 years and that when folded and stored take up a lot of trunk space. I haven’t had any experience with the lighter weight covers so I can’t give an opinion on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk