Thread: Hate To Go, But The Time Is Here

My Cars
    2003-525i BMW

Hate To Go, But The Time Is Here

Thanks to all in this and other forums that have helped me in the past, keeping my Touring running. 370,000 miles and the Mrs Pool, Lady has put her foot on my jugular. Now the proud owner of a used Acura RDX with 23,000 miles on it. I'm now driving a Rocking Chair. Still have the BMW, they wouldn't take it on a trade in. Body is great and the paints not bad either, the car handles better than when new, with all the attention she's had. Would be great to add a 530 engine and go another 100k miles, but at 65 I ain't what I used to be. Hope that I have helped folks and thanks again to the ones who have helped me,,it's been grand, most of the time

Chip Roberson
    Last edited by Poolman; 03-12-2018 at 04:06 PM.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    Damn, hate to see this. Pm me an asking price for the old girl.
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    330i ZHP, 03 525iT Sport
    Any chance at some 370k miles pics of the wagon?
    Would love to hear what you loved and hated about the wagon over all the years and miles as well!

My Cars
    2003-525i BMW
    Don't know what to do with the ride as of yet. They wouldn't take her in for trade. She handles just great and still runs fine. My son came over and grabbed her up last night, to drive around until he gets the MDX he's looking for. out the only thing I didn't like about this car was the engine's , always going to a miss and then coming out of it , without a code showing what was going on. I know all was tight and vac leaks were absent from the equation. I'm thinking the cats are about shot , but there's no loss of mileage or power. All in all , 15 years as a daily driver with 370,000 miles,,I've had a blast driving this ride, and thanks to all from whom I have had the help making this go as long as it has. I had just finished fabricating the M56 valve cover the way I wanted it , with the addition of a PVC valve, instead of the CCV system built into the cover, looks great and helped tremendously with oil usage. Cars paint is still good and the car looks great, you'd never believe there's as many miles on her as there is, just looking. I'll be popping in from time to time, but the new ride is like a Rocking chair compared to what I was sporting.

My Cars
    97 528i
    Sorry to hear the news Poolman !! I appreciate the tips and info you have provided (myself and everyone) since I have been a part of this forum as well.

I've had several cars into the 300k mark and with that comes a lot of sweat, nicked knuckles, new parts, pull-a-parts, rebuilt failed parts, cussing, laughing, speeding, donuts, pucker moments, thrilling moments, throwing tools, throwing parties, sultry persuasive late-night conversations with inanimate objects hoping someway - somehow they see your point of view and do what you want them to do. ...eh-hem.... such as not misfiring in the mornings anymore after dialing in on the coil grounds.....

Take care my friend and enjoy that rocker. You've earned it...and, I'm sure you'll figure out a way to modify it (possibly a sweet lowering kit, a weighted short-shifter for the footrest extender, swapping the backrest from an e38 comfort seat, I-pod adapter, X5 cupholders...etc...)

tony
    "two wrongs don't make a right...only three lefts do...."
    '79 Euro 635csi - gone and regretting it...
    '89 gsxr-750 - former traffic knife
    '97 528i sedan - holding on strong...(just sold after 16 years of ownership - sad day)
    '03 Euro 525it - something about a famous dolphin.....

'06 Mercury Grand Marquis (don't ask....it gets the job done....)
    '84 Specialized Allez - full Campagnolo Super Record
    '99-ish Cannondale CAAD4
    "Stinky" - Kona Stinky Five
    '86 528e
    2008 E70 X5 3.0

My Cars
    2003-525i BMW
    Well, my son is now driving the car, he's liking it. Uh Ohh. Gotta wait and see how all this is going to turn out. Might still be in the family for awhile now. Hmmm

My Cars
    2003 325Ti Z3 '99
    Well, I'm 77, still got my 2.5 Touring as well as a Z3 which I love in the summer.
    Also got a 1976 Triumph which I've got the overdrive out of today to replace all the seals so that it works (I hope) Backs getting a bit sore but I'll keep going as long as I can.
    Tony.