Thread: Schwaben Pressure Bleeder

My Cars
    E46 M3

Schwaben Pressure Bleeder

http://autoandhomediy.com/index.php/...ssure-bleeder/

Has anyone ever tried this? Seems like a decent investment.

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    I haven't used that one, as I have a Motive bleeder, but it is similar. This is way better to use than the old school 2 man method.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    E46 330i
    I have a Motive bleeder, and it’s a great tool. Eliminates the need for a helper when flushing the brake fluid. I use mine dry, rather than filling it with brake fluid. It means you have to keep refilling the fluid reservoir but avoids the risk of spraying brake fluid under pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gde15237 View Post
    I have a Motive bleeder, and it’s a great tool. Eliminates the need for a helper when flushing the brake fluid. I use mine dry, rather than filling it with brake fluid. It means you have to keep refilling the fluid reservoir but avoids the risk of spraying brake fluid under pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Been there, done that! Hose burst on my Motive and made a grand mess. I replace it on a regular basis now.

I’ve done the dry method for a quick bleed, but for a full system flush I t just takes too long and there’s too much risk getting air in the master cylinder.

Using a pressure bleeder also makes bleeding the clutch a one person job.
    '95 M3 S54 Track Toy
    '19 X5 40i M-Sport
    '16 Cayman GT4
    ‘23 GR Corolla

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    The Schwaben pressure bleeder is a P.O.S.

I recommend that you buy the Motive bleeder, instead, from ECS or elsewhere. I had two Schwaben units self destruct within two weeks, changed my order to a Motive, also from ECS, and it has lasted two years of professional use, every day, for two years since.

I'd like to acknowledge that ECS made good on the warranty, twice, and with a few extra bucks, sent me the Motive....an altogether superior unit.

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    I have the Schwaben bleeder system and it works fine. The adapter fits BMW and probably other European makes and it's very good for bleeding brakes. It can also be used for fluid transfer (like pumping fluid up into a transmission or diff) with some accessories, though I've never used mine for that. I only put brake fluid in it.

I tried the universal adapter once on my Mazda and it didn't really work. Didn't seal tight enough and made a mess. Probably depends on the shape of the reservoir and how tight you can get it. YMMV.
    Last edited by TostitoBandito; 03-22-2018 at 02:20 AM.
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy