Thread: I think this guy is asking too much for his E30 - ~230,000KM for $8000AUD

My Cars
    NULL

I think this guy is asking too much for his E30 - ~230,000KM for $8000AUD

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/fair...oof/1176751301

Not that experienced with how these should be priced but i think this is a bit too much, any thoughts?

My Cars
    E30M3 X2 R100GS/PD R60/5
    Quote Originally Posted by zlate14 View Post
    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/fair...oof/1176751301

Not that experienced with how these should be priced but i think this is a bit too much, any thoughts?
    Doesn't seem that unreasonable if a ppi looks as good as those pics make it look.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
    Angus
    88 E30M3 X2 (1 summer/1 racetrack)
    89 325IX (winter)
    92 R100GS/PD

323i E30 is offline ⅂!ʈө !ƨ l!ʞө ɐ ʇөlөbµouө
    My Cars
    M52 E30 touring & E91
    I'm not sure about your local prices. Prices of E30s are all over the place, so i'll just leave below comment.

Positive:
    - car is shiney and looks good on the pictures.
    - full service history! It doesn't mean that it has had all the service it's needed, but at least you'll be able to find everything back.

Negative:
    - cheapest and most uncomfortable interior, and no pics of the driver seat. I assume that it'll look worse than the passenger seat.
    - M40 engine with timing belt instead of chain and little power. No engine bay pics!
    - Heating set to max hot always makes me alert for cooling system issues, but it could very well simply just be cold over there..
    - Cracked dash?
    ^ true story

D̶i̶b̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶2̶1̶

My Cars
    NULL
    Positive:
    - car is shiney and looks good on the pictures.
    - full service history! It doesn't mean that it has had all the service it's needed, but at least you'll be able to find everything back.

Negative:
    - cheapest and most uncomfortable interior, and no pics of the driver seat. I assume that it'll look worse than the passenger seat. - yea this is the one downside, although i am going to get a different driver seat and was probably going to get some leather m3 seats or something to replace the back because i dont like that material much.
    - M40 engine with timing belt instead of chain and little power. No engine bay pics! - I looked up the engine specifications on it and it is ---- well less powerful than i thought, but engine bay pics will be coming soon since the guy has it in storage 40 minutes away
    - Heating set to max hot always makes me alert for cooling system issues, but it could very well simply just be cold over there.. - Not sure when he took the photos but that is possible. I will be sure to ask him if thats the reason why
    - Cracked dash? where do you see this? im not sure if im blind but i cant see anything in the pictures

323i E30 is offline ⅂!ʈө !ƨ l!ʞө ɐ ʇөlөbµouө
    My Cars
    M52 E30 touring & E91
    Quote Originally Posted by 323i E30 View Post
    - Cracked dash?
    Quote Originally Posted by zlate14 View Post
    where do you see this? im not sure if im blind but i cant see anything in the pictures
    Exactly!
    A cover over the dashboard often means that there is something to cover up, like ugly cracks in the dash.
    ^ true story

D̶i̶b̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶2̶1̶

My Cars
    NULL
    Oh man i see what you mean, Yea that probably is the case and i wouldn't be surprised but i hope he put it on prior to having any cracks on it to protect it

My Cars
    72 2002tii 97 M3 87 325i
    Based on pictures and mileage I would say he has it priced about $3000. too high. In Canada you could buy one for between $3-4000. I know that things down under are priced higher the in N. America. but not as high as he is asking.
    Most likely cracked dash, $$$$, recover/rebuild seats $500. for front, $300.00 for rear, if you add leather then be prepared to double. I bought an 87 vert laast year. 200000 km lady driven in beautiful condition in and out for $7000. cdn.??
    Rod

My Cars
    e30s
    it's basically a sellers market; I mean sure there are plenty of e30s out there. But with the price of e30 M3s going up rest assured the coupes are following pace. Late model e30's fetch more then early model. Coupes more then convertible with the exception of the M-tech1 and Mech2 packages. Appearance package and genuine M-tech2 cars fetch a premium. The prices are all across the board. I've seen them as cheap as 2k all the way up to 20k+ for a nice one. Mileage is immaterial as I've seen low k cars abused and neglected and high k cars in prestine condition. You need to evaluate many things besides mileage. There is a check list of what to look for out there when buying an e30. You need to do your homework before looking to run out and buy one. if you're interested in the car and the seller is serious and legit he'll let you take it to a shop for inspection as there is nothing to hide. worth the hundred bucks to go over it. If they don't or they want to take it somewhere of their choice be leary as they might now want you to know about something.

My Cars
    1989 535i
    A really good condition 318 would top out at 5k max and even then that's near showroom condition (i.e no ripped seats, no cracked dash). I've seen 323s in decent condition go for less than 6k on gumtree, so you'd be better off finding one one those that just needs a little TLC.

My Cars
    e30s
    you guys should check out bringatrailer.

My Cars
    04 ZHP - 99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceekers View Post
    you guys should check out bringatrailer.
    if you want high priced examples you can't actually see or touch before committing to buy...

My Cars
    e30 318is, e39 528i, e32
    I missed out on a 318i coupe for 7500 with 150,000 km in mint condition with sunroof. Ending up buying an e30 318is for $11500 AUD (I'm in Melbourne, Australia) with just 120,000kms car is close to mint. But ending up spending another 3k to make it perfect (I am very particular). I figure I might be able to get 15-17k for it if I sold it, but only to someone who appreciates a very clean example. I saw an e30 318is with 15k miles on it for 30k in the states, and apparently it sold for close to the asking price. So these cars are only going one way and that's up.