I am planning to go with 7 years 100K miles - Mechanical Breakdown Insurance with my insurance provider, GEICO for the new BMW X3 I am planning to purchase. They are quoting about $23 per month with $250 deductible.

The representative mentioned that I can add MBI to the vehicle as long as it is less than 2 year old and it has less than 15000 miles in it.

Since the vehicle comes with 4 year warranty, I am thinking to go for MBI only between 1 and 2 years from now and when the vehicle has less than 15000 miles on it.

Would that be sensible thing to do? Or would you suggest I go with GEICO's MBI from day 1.

Could you suggest any experiences in using MBI, if you gone with it. Also did you buy MBI as a monthly premium or at a one shot.

Were you able to add MBI to the vehicle between 1 and 2 years of purchase and less than 15000 miles in it. How to prove to GEICO, that the vehicle has less than 15000 miles when I decide to purchase the MBI a year from now.

Are there any other insurance company that provides a better deal similar to GEICO's MBI for new vehicles?