Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This sub is boring in the off season

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima

This sub is boring in the off season

So many bmw drifters exist, why are they not posting here?

blah.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Lack of responses to their posts. Facebook, instagram is easier, reaches more people, etc. times are a changing.

My Cars
    1994 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by blake261 View Post
    Lack of responses to their posts. Facebook, instagram is easier, reaches more people, etc. times are a changing.
    this

My Cars
    none
    I like the forums but i wish their was more traffic. But their also isn't a bunch of losers here. so kind of quality over quantity.

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Everyone has a vlog these days I don't want to watch you cook breakfast.

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    98 328is
    i can get almost instant responses on facebook groups..... but i cant easily search for what i need. ill always search the googles and crawl forums.

plus, i think yall would be annoyed if someone made a thread for anytime they did something to their car.

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Yeah, Ive given up on video for the like 3rd time lol, still trying to push IG though. Also wittled facebook down a bit. This group is dead lately, but I still check it 2x a day lol

- - - Updated - - -

also I've mainly been dicking with the RX7 lately, and I'm mostly trying not to bother you guys with that thing. I do need to start pre season prep on my E46 soon, including new rear mount ducting

My Cars
    98 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by Novablue454 View Post
    Yeah, Ive given up on video for the like 3rd time lol, still trying to push IG though. Also wittled facebook down a bit. This group is dead lately, but I still check it 2x a day lol

- - - Updated - - -

also I've mainly been dicking with the RX7 lately, and I'm mostly trying not to bother you guys with that thing. I do need to start pre season prep on my E46 soon, including new rear mount ducting
    #hashtageverything

My Cars
    none

- - - Updated - - -

Any content is good content to me. I like rx7's lol. don't be afraid to post

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28

- - - Updated - - -

yeah post it up, what happened with the motor I saw you had fuel all up in the intake manifold.

I just like seeing rad drift content
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    e36 325ic
    With facebook groups responses are almost instant, but I question the legitimacy. Usually much more sketchy people and people there to troll.

If someone ventures to a forum, makes a profile, and posts then at least you know they're serious about what they're asking for. DIY's are huge and clarifying confusion with people that have experience are major pros

My Cars
    98 323
    Posting content here will not result in receiving 'your content received a like' notifications like using FB/IG/Twitter/whatever will. These platforms have made many of their regular users addicted to receiving acknowledgment, praise or general attention from large swathes of people - most of whom who are, at best, acquaintances. For these people, it makes more sense to post a picture on (((social media))) with a simple quip like "Look at my progress" and receive X likes instead of making a post here and only having a few dudes chime in
    Popular engine swap weights & stock engine weights
    M42 + trans - 427lbs
    302 + t5 trans - 475lbs
    m20b27 + g260 - 497lbs
    m52b25 vanos + g250 - 544lbs

351w + t5 trans - 572.5lbs
    LS,
    aluminum block + t56 - 609lbs
    LS, iron block + t56 - 719lbs, EST.
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...60-m42-1jz-2jz

My Cars
    2008 BMW 7SERIES
    Maybe we should talk to their head office

car detailing thornhill

My Cars
    none
    Someone told me that my 323is has a cast crank and wont take boost well like a m52b28? ( i thought on s5 had forged crank) any validity? if another motor is going in this car its probably going to be a 1jzvvti, I'm not going to pull this just to put anther m5x motor in it. If the m52b25 that's in it is just as strong as a m52b28 then ill just upgrade to a zf and better clutch.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    I think non M cranks are cast. But plenty of people boost B25s, I don't see why any other non M motor would be different. Plus, it's cheap so... blow it and get another?

My Cars
    1994 325is
    I think social media posts are good if you're looking for instant gratification. But honestly, I spend my time on forums looking to learn things from other enthusiasts. I don't believe most of anything posted on group pages on Facebook that I'm sure many here are apart of. I feel like there is more credibility here than anywhere else. The other reason I like forums because you can really detail out what went into your car compared to Facebook or Instagram mainly due to most people, including myself, not looking to read your caption

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    I still can’t post pics on here from my phone, so I don’t update shit. Which is a shame, because my v8 car runs and drives now, adapter plate works awesome, flywheel doesn’t suck, and I even built another ls>zf adapter kit to go along with a friends e46m3 swap that is wayyy more expensive than my car..

My Cars
    98 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikestokman View Post
    I still can’t post pics on here from my phone, so I don’t update shit. Which is a shame, because my v8 car runs and drives now, adapter plate works awesome, flywheel doesn’t suck, and I even built another ls>zf adapter kit to go along with a friends e46m3 swap that is wayyy more expensive than my car..
    maybe try the imgur app? get the forum tags from the photos?

My Cars
    99 328i, a few more
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero27 View Post
    maybe try the imgur app? get the forum tags from the photos?
    yep, thats how I post pics from my phone on here

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Haven’t tried that in a few months, last time I did it wouldn’t let me post from my phone. Maybe one day I’ll try again, maybe..

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    My build stalled years ago and now all I do is act like I know what im talking about. I drive other peoples cars on occasion at the track. Trying to do the youtube thing, hasn't taken off yet. Just keep throwing shit on the wall hoping something sticks.

I like forums but I feel like unless I have something productive to add to the conversation I don't typically say anything. Facebook I can talk shit and troll for the lulz although I don't really pay any attention to car groups on facebook though. Instagram is ehh, I can barely work the app for the most part.

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima
    Sounding like an old man Paul. Facebook is just pure cancer now. It's ads, stupid videos, politics, or people sharing stuff I don't care about. I have to wade through a sea of BS to see what people are actually talking about. It sucks because like schedule announcements are usually done on FB.

Instagram.. I still don't see the point. But I do it. Trying snapchat again but I still don't get that either.

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    Snapchat is completely foreign to me. I do not get it at all. I feel old as fuck since I can't figure out what the point of it is besides women being hoes for attention. I mean I appreciate that they do that but is there another use for SC? I haven't found it.

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Snap was marketable for people who had a paid following. Like Patreon or Twitch (for video games) They could offer a paid view into their snapchat & private life. Recently snapchat had an update and everyone hates it so it's dying

Easy death too since Instagram has essentially the same features.

I hate facebook but need it for all the groups and it's currently the best way to find parts or drift parts.
    Forums are dead, not just here but everywhere. The once thriving for sale section here now sucks (and the mods here only helped kill it by making panjo mandatory for some time)
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    Yeah panjo is awful. Can't stand it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast