Hi! New to this list, and new first time ever BMW owner. Really happy! 2014 650i Xdrive Coupe. Former cars were 2010 Audi A5, 2001 Audi TT. So this is a huge step up in engine and tech. But I'm loving it so far. All 1 hour of driving it

So here is my question........to the BMW experts and those who in particular have owned this car or similar vintage. I currently have about 31k miles. The used dealer mistakenly told me it was out of warranty, but checked w BMW and I have 2 months left. Phew! Apparently I just meet the cut off for being able to extend the factory warranty. But it's pricey. About $5k for 1 year, up to $7 for 3 years.

Should I extend or take my chances?

I probably will only have the car for about 3 years before I sell it. So I'm weighing the likelihood of repairs next 3 years that could be 7k or worse, and specifically the typical cost of a repair for something like the remote door lock not working on the drivers side ($500 for the A5). I have zero feel for BMW's. I do have a feel for Audi's. The TT had 90k when I bought it, had very little problems - except for the belt breaking (grrrrr! random).........I maybe had to do brakes (expected) and some little stuff over those 2-3 years, but that was about it. Super solid German car. Same with the A5. 70k miles. Sold at 90k miles. Just the water pump, brakes (expected), and an expensive door lock thing. But that's about it.

So I would say I left Audi feeling like it's a well built German car, way more solid with those kind of miles than any American car...or VW. Hoping I will be saying that about the 650 in 3-4 yrs. But the one big difference is this car has way more technical awesome-ness that the TT or A5. Sensors galore, motorized, vibrating, noise making, heating cooling, lighted up gadgetry all throughout the car. All stuff that seems to be pretty standard on higher end cars now, but to me it makes me nervous about things "breaking". Am I being paranoid?

Thanks!