Thread: Looking for CanBus-friendly LED bulbs for FOG lights (& Angels too)

My Cars
    E60 535i M-Sport

Looking for CanBus-friendly LED bulbs for FOG lights (& Angels too)

Upgraded my Angels to LUX180s... they’re AWESOME but my god are they expensive! ($200)

Now looking to replace my halogen fogs with LEDs that won’t break the bank. Want to buy some for my son’s E60 as well, for his birthday. (Maybe get him LEDs for his Angels too if I can get them cheap enough)

See MANY OPTIONS, mostly from China (fine) but am more concerned about the CanBus errors than whether or not they are the brightest, etc.

Does anyone have FIRST-HAND experience with a particular product you can share? Also for the Angels, if anyone has done this (much, much) cheaper than I have with good results.

Thanks!

// Radar //
    2010 E60 535i N54 {sleeper}
    M-Sport, Alpine White w/Natural Brown Leather
    Coilovers, APEX Race Wheels
    Trebila-tuned motor, xHP Stage3 tranny tune,
    FBO+Meth FUN!!!

My Cars
    '08 E60 528i
    if your son has an LCI E60, i’d definitely recommend these angel eyes that i used for way cheaper than the Lux’s

NOVSIGHT H8 H9 H11 H16(jp) LED Headlight Bulbs OSRAM LED Chip 8400LM(2x4200LM) 60W(2x30W) 6000K Cool White 2 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07479Z63H..._e-DNAbF2BM1KR

they’ve come out extremely bright (i thought they were too bright when i first installed them) and they modernize the car a lot - i’d say comparable to lux angel eyes and they don’t require any coding. the only downside to these is the size of the heatsink which means the headlight cover would have to be modified (i’ve just left my cover off but i plan on drilling out a hole in the cover eventually)

i’ve been running these for about 5 months now without any problems and i can try and get pictures for you tomorrow if you’d like

My Cars
    E60 535i M-Sport
    Good info!

My my son has an 05 530i, but the prev owner did a LOT of updating, including all the “brains” I’m sure (he does BMW coding as a side job and is an IT guy by trade)
    FBO+Meth FUN!!!

My Cars
    BMW MERCEDES BENZ
    Quote Originally Posted by radarcontact View Post

Upgraded my Angels to LUX180s... they’re AWESOME but my god are they expensive! ($200)

Now looking to replace my halogen fogs with LEDs that won’t break the bank. Want to buy some for my son’s E60 as well, for his birthday. (Maybe get him LEDs for his Angels too if I can get them cheap enough)

See MANY OPTIONS, mostly from China (fine) but am more concerned about the CanBus errors than whether or not they are the brightest, etc.

Does anyone have FIRST-HAND experience with a particular product you can share? Also for the Angels, if anyone has done this (much, much) cheaper than I have with good results.

Thanks!

// Radar //
    Do you have any issue with your wires that attach to the angel eye plug? Mine and from what I have read In the forums and others saying the wire gets or is already very brittle and brakes off. ( the coating around the wire ). I had the issue and used some liquid electrical tape. But I also brought some other wire connectors was thinking of maybe cutting them back repairing whatever needs to be and rewire new plug ends. But them have to make the ends on the angel end aswell... if anyone has done this or has any input along with what bulbs are best for fog.. sorry didn't mean to take over the thread but I also am in need of new fog lights. Need to change the blue I have..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E60 535i M-Sport
    No, luckily mine were okay.
    FBO+Meth FUN!!!

My Cars
    '08 E60 528i
    here are a couple pics of the LED angel eyes i mentioned earlier. the closer pics are about 30ft away and the further ones are about 90 ft away. the pictures are fairly accurate to what my eyes see, though in person the rings are more clear (not one blob of light like in the pictures) and they’re a shade cooler in temperature as well. if you’ve got LCI headlights i’d definitely recommend these for angel eyes