I am thinking of going with extended maintenance plan/service contract (7 years)
http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...contracts.aspx
for the new 2018 BMW X3 I am planning to buy. Since this is the first time, I am planning to own new BMW (always had Toyota/Honda for last 20 years), I am planning to go with this extended maintenance plan/service contract for the peace of mind.

While, 2018 BMW X3 with 3 yr/30K miles limited maintenance plan and 4 yr/48K miles warranty.
I am not worried about extended warranty now. I am planning to think about the extended warranty towards the end of
warranty expiration (about 3 to 4 years from now). Also I am thinking of cost effective options such as GEICO mechanical breakdown insurance
for the extended warranty.

So my focus is to get the extended maintenance plan/service contract - 7 year plan, with as much better deal as possible.

Please advise the best deal you got for the extended maintenance plan/service contract - 7 year plan?

I am thinking of the following options

1. I think I will just need 75K miles /7 years plan rather than 100K miles or 125K miles... Would I be able to get a
better deal if I go for 75K miles 7 years plan?

2. Also I am thinking of Gold Plan compared to Platinum plan
Platinum provides coverage for the following, which the Gold package does not... Otherwise both are same...
Power mirror motors
Head lamps, head lamp assemblies and lenses
INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM
CD player/changer
Entertainment system
Navigation system and components
Radio
What is your opinion on Platinum plan vs. Gold plan?

3. Does shopping around with the different BMW dealers help to get a better deal?

Do you have any suggestions to reduce the cost for the extended maintenance plan/service contract.

Also do you think if it is a good idea if I plan for the extended maintenance plan/service contract towards the end of
extended maintenance plan (ie., 2.5 to 3 years from now) rather than now.