Thread: Service Records from BMW Dealer?

My Cars
    '10 328xit, '99 Corvette

Service Records from BMW Dealer?

I picked up a 2010 328xi wagon a couple of weeks ago. I've seen/heard that a dealer would be able to run a service history on the car. I do have a Carfax report that lists service information at the two BMW dealers used by the previous owners but the entries are usually pretty non-specific with not much information. Will the dealer service information be more detailed? And can anyone confirm that dealers will do this, that you personally have gotten this from a dealer (that you did not buy the car from and/or have not had it serviced by)? For a number of reasons, I am very unlikely to use my local BMW dealer and will do some work myself and go to an indy shop for anything I can't do.

RedCarsRFaster

My Cars
    2008 328xi Sportwagon
    What does it hurt to ask?

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCarsRFaster View Post
    I picked up a 2010 328xi wagon a couple of weeks ago. I've seen/heard that a dealer would be able to run a service history on the car. I do have a Carfax report that lists service information at the two BMW dealers used by the previous owners but the entries are usually pretty non-specific with not much information. Will the dealer service information be more detailed? And can anyone confirm that dealers will do this, that you personally have gotten this from a dealer (that you did not buy the car from and/or have not had it serviced by)? For a number of reasons, I am very unlikely to use my local BMW dealer and will do some work myself and go to an indy shop for anything I can't do.

RedCarsRFaster
    Hi REDCarsFaster, try bmwvinreport dot com. Their report is much more detailed than carfax and the dealer is not on option. Every dealer I stopped at find an excuse not to check on my car...