Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e34 540/6 parts car

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28

e34 540/6 parts car

I have a 1995 540 6 sp Oxford Green and Parchment .

The differential dropped out of it while driving in August 2014 at around 300,000 miles on the ODO.
    The chassis had over 400,000 miles

I had it towed to a shop and eventually harvested a few bits .

I took all four calipers. The shop DID NOT CAP THE LINES so I would assume this might create a problem for the entire braking system.

The body has extensive rot and rust.

Both front floorboards had been repaired in 2007 but they are literally gone again. This condition resulted in some wires in the driver foot-well corroding in the large Yellow wire block. I spliced them together for functionality.

The windshield is cracked and the surrounding metal along the top/roof is rotting/rusting. The clear-coat on the roof is gonzo. There are rust bubbles on the sunroof.

The right rear bumper strut was busted when it was rear ended. I think when the bumper was pushed in grit in the area between the bumper and body on the Left side must have been breached and rust has ensued there.

The Front bumper cover was struck by a snow plow while parked at that shop after the diff fell out.

I had a UUC Short Shifter and Double Shear Selector Rod removed and replaced with the Original BMW parts from my other 540.

The engine was running OK .

It has around 300,000 miles on it ..

When the short shifter was removed the shop dropped the headers and never tightened them fully. They have been only partially bolted back so the exhaust ports on the engine have been exposed to the elements since 08/14 where the car has been in a field at a body shop.

This car was a Frankenbimmer. I bought the chassis in 2006 and drove it till a cylinder croaked. In May 2011 I then bought another Oxford/Parchment 540/6 with 175,000 miles on it. It had Clutch and Flywheel replaced at a BMW Dealership at apx 140,000 miles. In July 2011 that 540 was rear ended and totaled. I had everything good from that 540 swapped onto the other one with a bad engine. I drove that car for about 32 months before the diff fell out.

In that period I added;

New Metal Fuel tank, Black Powerflex Upper Control Arm Bushings, Koni adjustable Front Struts, Centric Stop-tech black hat slotted rotors which I had cryo'ed, Rear Sub-frame Mounts, replaced knock sensors, O2 sensors,heater core, receiver/dryer for AC [the bloody AC and Heat work perfect], the Differential was removed and fully resealed. The alternator and water pump were replaced as well as all front pulleys.

The steering box seemed loose to me and I bought one from a boneyard from a 540 auto supposedly with 140,000 miles ..it is in the trunk.. The radiator exhibited some leaking from the upper plastic neck when temps were very low, below freezing.. I bought a new one but never installed it and I may want it for my current 540 which seems to have a similar small leak.

There is a set of I think Bilstein touring struts and KYB shocks in the trunk. They were OK but I wanted Sports. Don't hold me to this I'll check when I get pics.

So Basically the best things In my opinion on this heap are the Getrag 420 6 sp + driveshaft + Diff ;it was the body mounting that rotted the diff is fine and the Fuel tank. The Clutch and Flywheel probably have about 160,000 on them and were perfectly fine when the diff dropped. I have had a new clutch and flywheel [OE] get me over 255,000 miles and still be fine.

If you grab this and manage to start the engine you might think [if it runs] its good enough to just take the whole drive-train together for a transplant.

I sold another getrag 420 6 speed transmission for $700

I'll start the asking price for the whole car which you will have to retrieve at $1,200 obo

It does have parchment sport seats but the driver's seat upper left side bolster is worn, the foam crumbling and the seat gears need some attention.. they may need new gearboxes. I suspect the plastic toothed wheel which is driven by a worm gear may be worn and the seat has the dreaded 'rocking'. I drove the car usually with the front of the seat tilted fully up . This stabilized the seat.

I know forum rules require pictures.. I will get up to where the car is asap and take some pictures.

The car in in Lyndeborough,NH 03082

I do not have the opportunity to dismantle anything but body trim bits.. The body shop where it is has told me he is too busy to allow me to use his ramp lift and there is simply no point for me towing anywhere and paying retail shop time to take it apart so if you want it you will have to have it towed out of there.
    Last edited by jehu; 03-03-2018 at 12:15 AM.

My Cars
    95 525TDS, 94 525iT
    If it has the plastic undertray under the gearbox, please get it touch with me as I need one. Thanks!

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    Quote Originally Posted by t.wak View Post
    If it has the plastic undertray under the gearbox, please get it touch with me as I need one. Thanks!

I am certain it does not...

the other getrag 420 6 sp tranny I mentioned I sold went to your magical island continent .. the shipping was a fiasco .. not sure I'd ever want to ship anything there again to be honest.. I find it hard to believe you can't find an online parts seller who will ship you a new one.. have you looked?

My Cars
    1995 540i & 1996 328i
    Hey could I have the wire harness? If you start breaking it up? Also the fuse box and any relays? Lmk and we can discuss price

My Cars
    95 525TDS, 94 525iT
    I have a freight forwarder in the states so it would just be a local ship for you. Unfortunately this tray is NLA from BMW and is difficult to find. Please let me know if the car ends up having one.
    Thanks

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyj View Post
    Hey could I have the wire harness? If you start breaking it up? Also the fuse box and any relays? Lmk and we can discuss price
    Like I said in the admittedly lengthy OP I do not have the opportunity to part this thing beyond small external bits.. the LKM I should be able to do,you mean just the engine harness that connects under the hood for injectors and sensors etc? If that just unhooks and I don't have to spend much time undoing the E box I'll do it if nobody wants the engine as a runner in due time. I will look at how the fuse box comes out when I get up to take pics. We're forecast to get some snow and I also may have to work over the weekend so may not be till next week in the pics I'l get the fuse and e box pics so you can name the relays.

My Cars
    1995 540i & 1996 328i
    The lkm the fuse box would be awesome, as far as the harness goes there are a few choice connectors I was looking for, I guess when you get to that stage let me know an we can discuss

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyj View Post
    The lkm the fuse box would be awesome, as far as the harness goes there are a few choice connectors I was looking for, I guess when you get to that stage let me know an we can discuss
    are you saying you want JUST the LKM or the LKM+ the entire Fuse Box?

My Cars
    e34 540ia/e32 740il
    Would you sell the clutch and brake pedal assembly separate? I might also be interested in the clutch hard lines and hoses from the master to slave cylinder and clutch fluid reservoir.

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    Quote Originally Posted by m60power View Post
    Would you sell the clutch and brake pedal assembly separate? I might also be interested in the clutch hard lines and hoses from the master to slave cylinder and clutch fluid reservoir.
    Not gonna lie.. I have no interest is muscling shit out of this car.. I'll search a DIY pedal removal which I've heard is a pain and see if its soemthing I can do without much time or effort.. I have little to no extra time to spend fighting parts off this car as I have work obligations but again I Can Not Elevate This Car Off the DIRT Ground upon which is is sitting to do any work on the underside so lines and slave are not going to happen while its in my possession.. if someone buys it and can part it you can follow its trajectory and seek them there.

My Cars
    e34 540ia/e32 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by jehu View Post
    Not gonna lie.. I have no interest is muscling shit out of this car.. I'll search a DIY pedal removal which I've heard is a pain and see if its soemthing I can do without much time or effort.. I have little to no extra time to spend fighting parts off this car as I have work obligations but again I Can Not Elevate This Car Off the DIRT Ground upon which is is sitting to do any work on the underside so lines and slave are not going to happen while its in my possession.. if someone buys it and can part it you can follow its trajectory and seek them there.
    No worries. If it's a hassle (I haven't searched DIYs, but I think it is) to remove the pedal cluster then don't bother. Thanks for the reply though!

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    No worries. If it's a hassle (I haven't searched DIYs, but I think it is) to remove the pedal cluster then don't bother. Thanks for the reply though!
    I'll let you know what I find you know like I said it might be something I could be inclined to do for the price is right and I don't have to get under the car if I can do it from underneath the dashboard they can remove the seat get on my back and deal with it between there and you know the engine bay you know I can't tell you I won't do it but I'll let you know

My Cars
    e34 540ia/e32 740il
    Thanks! I know you don't have to get under the car for removing the pedal assembly but I would guess it's still a pain in the ass. Don't bother about the clutch lines from master to slave cylinder that is WAY more difficult and you would have lift the car to get them out. If you decide to sell the pedals let me know your price. I would want the clutch and brake pedal assembly with clutch switch and whatnot (no master cylinder). This is for a manual swap into an e32.

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    Thanks! This is for a manual swap into an e32.
    oh I'd love to help make that happen.. always wanted to have a manual 7.. when the ground dries up I'll head up and see what I can manage.

My Cars
    84 633, 91 M5, 91 850
    If it gets parted/whoever buys it parts it, I'm interested in the front seats.

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    A member has contacted me about the front seats. They are far from pristine, passenger seat OK could use a cleaning the driver seat rocked as I described assume it could be repaired I'm sure and the bolster was in need of a replacement but you know I drove it regularly i'll keep you appraised of how things progress

My Cars
    e34 540ia/e32 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by jehu View Post
    oh I'd love to help make that happen.. always wanted to have a manual 7.. when the ground dries up I'll head up and see what I can manage.
    Thanks, keep me updated!

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    We are getting another foot+ of snow Tuesday and the last 12"+ is still covering the ground and car so it will still yet be a while before I can get pics..

My Cars
    Trash
    Interested in the sale if it comes with a gallon of Tide to do laundry at 1am.

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
    Interested in the sale if it comes with a gallon of Tide to do laundry at 1am.
    if you come and get it there will be a gallon of Tide on the driver's seat so you can do your laundry at 1 am. no problem, sir.

My Cars
    84 633, 91 M5, 91 850
    When it's unearthed from that snow, what's the price on the seats?

My Cars
    E34 540i 6sp 1995-03-28
    Quote Originally Posted by David9999999 View Post
    When it's unearthed from that snow, what's the price on the seats?
    There has been a request for the front seats.. I think I described them as being challenged with the driver seat left upper bolster worn badly with some foam padding absent.. possibly repairable but pics will be forthcoming. I'll pm you pics when I get them

My Cars
    1995 525i, 1994 540i6
    How is the exhaust.
    Front cats mostly interested

Need:

- Driver and Passenger side skirts
    - Both in-dash speaker covers
    -Driver sun visor if light gray color

Shipped to 76208

Thanks!
    1995 540i/6
    2017 Hellcat Charger

My Cars
    1994 540i M60B44 swap
    pm sent if you still have the driveshaft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast