Thread: Shop Recommendation in Delaware/Pennsylvania

My Cars
    '10 328xit, '99 Corvette

Shop Recommendation in Delaware/Pennsylvania

I picked up my first BMW a couple of weeks ago, a 2010 328xi Touring (E91) with 120,000 miles. I changed the oil for the first time this weekend and it is an oily mess down there so I need to have the oil pan, valve cover, and oil filter housing checked for leaks and, if any present (which is what I am expecting), get them attended to. I have some mechanical ability and could probably do the oil filter housing myself but the oil pan and valve cover (I keep typing and then correcting "covers" as I am used to Corvette LS1 and Subaru Boxer engines) are probably too much for me and my garage setup. This is also my DD so would like it to be only a couple of days with it out of commission.

Anyway, I am looking for recommendations or thoughts on BMW shops in Northern Delaware (New Castle County - Wilmington and Newark) or nearby areas in Pennsylvania (Kennett Square). Any insights on these shops? Or add any to the list that you would recommend?

• European Performance, Elsmere, Delaware
    • M-Tech European Auto Haus, Wilmington, Delware
    • Zell German Auto, Newark, Delaware
    • Dave’s Foreign Car, Newark, Delaware
    • Bavarian Motorsport, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

Although I am in Delaware, I am up very close to the Pennsylvania line and Bavarian Motorsport in Kennett Square is actually the closest to my home, but the others are all relatively convenient. I also have a shop I have used for my other cars over the years that I like and probably would be okay for this but that shop was very conveniently located (less than two miles away) until recently when it relocated to about five miles away (Dempsey's Service Center, Newark DE).

Thanks for any recommendations! I am willing to pay for good work and good service so not looking for the absolute cheapest but I don't want to get taken either (which is why I do not want to go to the local dealership).

RedCarsRFaster
    (My '99 Corvette is red, so . . . )
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2008 M5; 2017 330xiT
    I know this is somewhat delayed, but here are a few comments.

1. I've used Bimmerworks in West Chester PA with great success for many years. Steve Snow is the owner and a former BMW Master Tech from Ottos. He's owned and operated Bimmerworks for close to ten years now.

2. RPI is a new shop, also in West Chester. It is owned by Vincent Chin who has owned Bimmerzone (parts supplier) for many years. His chief mechanic Ben is a good guy. They have done some work on my car and I have been pleased.

3. I hear good things about European Performance and they always seem busy.

4. My boss uses M-Tech. While he has been happy with them, they seem more like a regular service shop and not an enthusiast shop.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Alan

Welcome to the group and the touring club. My wife drives a 2017 330i xDrive Touring.
    Last edited by Alan; 03-18-2018 at 05:10 PM.
    2008 BMW M5 6-speed
    Silverstone II/Indianapolis Red/Aluminum
    Enhanced Audio, 20-way seats with Active Backrest, iPod, Comfort Access, Shades
    RPI GT Sec. 1, 2 and 3, Scoops, Plates, BMC Filters
    H&R Sport / Dinan Roll Control F+R / TMS 12.5mm
    IND Gloss Black Grills

17 330xiT, 93 Miata, 13 BRZ, 18 2500 Duramax