Thread: Fs: 1997 bmw z3 1.9l m44

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L

Fs: 1997 bmw z3 1.9l m44

Updated with lower asking price and additional pics and information:

Sadly, the time has come for me to sell my beloved Zed.
    A change in day care logistics w my kid means I will no longer be able to drive the car during the occasional weekday commute, which occurred whenever the weather was nice. I am very grateful to the members of this forum for all the knowledge shared. Hopefully, Ill be moving to the X5 (e53) forums shortly….

History:
    This is a 1997 BMW Z3 which was special ordered at the time of purchase. I have the form with the available menu of options and those that were selected by the first (and previous) owner. This gentleman bought the car new and sold it to me at around 132k miles. To this day, I still talk to his person. It currently has around 138k miles in my almost three years of ownership. I was given two full binders of maintenance receipts, including two keys (and fobs), the valet key, and documentation that even includes the original window sticker. I have added documentation to reflect the work and items Ive maintained. You will get essentially 20 years of records.

Vehicle Details:
    Hellrot (Red) 1997 BMW Z3 M44 engine (1.9L), manual transmission, producing around 140hp. Tan interior and convertible top.
    VIN# 4USCH7328VLB78415
    Currently has around 138k miles.

Since my ownership, here is a summary of the maintenance performed:

Exterior:

• Front bumper and hood have been resprayed for aesthetics (about $600)
    • New supersprint exhaust gives it a beautiful sporty sound without being obnoxious. It is the period correct that has only one, bigger diameter pipe exit (as opposed to dual pipes). This matches the factory style.
    • A bumper lip rubber guard was installed to protect the bumper from future scrapes. (it also looks good!)
    • Door handles have been replaced due to worn rubber seal gasket
    • Clear euro lights have been installed in the front and side turn signals
    • Ive installed a refurbished square set of original BBS style 42 (one-piece) size 16 wheels that were period correct, meaning it was an available option during production. Tires are in great condition with plenty of thread left. New valve stems installed.
    • Ive replaced the antenna grommet to avoid leaks due to worn out seals and installed a “stubby” euro style short antenna.
    • The convertible top is the original one, it has no leaks or tears in the plastic window, which is not fogged or heavily scratched. It includes the tonneau cover so that it looks nice and concealed when the top is down.

Suspension:

• It has a brand new set of Bilstein sport suspension with HR lowering springs. This setup along with the KONIs has been highly discussed and is regarded as the best to install. The car feels tight and responsive. (about $800)
    • New mounts, spring pads, and reinforcing plates all around. All are high quality brands bough from sources like FCP Euro, ECS Tuning, AutoHauz and Pelican.

Engine:

• New spark plugs (NGK BKR6EQUP)
    • New Catalytic converter
    • New O2 Bosch upstream sensor
    • New Mahle fuel filter
    • New CCV valve and associated hoses
    • New intake manifold gasket
    • New air intake rubber boot
    • New Coolant System overhaul:
      • radiator,
      • coolant,
      • thermostat,
      • water pump (metal impeller),
      • fan switch,
      • hoses,
      • etc.

• New AC and Alternator belts. New tensioners.
    • New Victor Reinz valve cover gasket
    • New Royal Purple transmission fluid
    • synthetic oil (rated for 5k miles) changed every spring. Ive only put about 5k total miles in 3 years of ownership.
    • Etc (Many other items I may be forgetting, but its all in the binders)
    • No dash lights on.

Interior:

• Replaced worn out bulbs behind dash
    • Replaced head unit with a kenwood unit. It has Bluetooth, mic, Pandora, front and rear USBs (so you can install a permanent ipod or media source). One of the reasons I bought this unit is because one of the colors for the display is an almost identical match to the factory dash lights, so it does not look out of place. There are many other colors to choose from if you like it different.
    • WeatherTech Z3 specific mats in Tan color, to match the interior.

Other than this, the car does have some wear and tear natural for the 21 years it has. The interior leather has no rips or tears. No windshield cracks.
    During the first owner’s tenure, the car was involved in a minor collision with a deer, and there was no structural or frame damage and the car was professionally repaired at the dealership.
    This car is not intended to be a show car or a competitor at Pebble Beach. But it will get you hours and hours of leisurely driving with the top down without having to worry on the mechanical aspects. It can already be tagged as “Historic” in many states, including MD.
    Please let me know if there are any questions I can respond.

Price is $5400 Negotiable within reason. May consider trades for a well maintained e53. Car is located in 20876.
    Pictures can be found at:
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...3-1-9L-Hellrot
    Last edited by RedZeddy; 09-18-2018 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Updated info and pics

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L
    Bump

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L
    Bump

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L
    bump with lower price and more pictures.

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L
    bump. Let get this sold to a good home!