Thread: ongoing window issues

My Cars
    95' E34 M60B30

ongoing window issues

My front pass window has had the clicking issue for a long time and I finally got around to using some screws to secure the metal plate to the plastic cog, as I saw here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGmMmUPjtsQ

It seemed all was well, window fix was successful, so I reassembled the door interior only to find the window developed a new issue. It will not go down, only makes a single quiet click. If I remove the interior and whack the motor while holding the switch down, it begins to operate. Seems to be some initial friction it cant overcome. What do you suggest?

moroza is offline MORΩN ΛABIA BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E34T
    I've read about the clutch disabling procedure, but not actually done it. A single click followed by no movement suggests, as you said, initial friction. I'd start by disassembling everything in the window regulator, lubing all the moving parts, check for binding, and bench-test it.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    I don't think this is a matter of excessive initial friction*. Banging the motor won't do anything to change that except shock the contact between the brushes and armature commutator. Given a full 12v or better to the motor from the switch I'd think the motor is the fault. Dis-assemble and check the brushes and comm. or replace. The RF and LR motors interchange as do the LF and RR to make your shopping easier.
    * window tint film often complicates things, as it ages it gets rough or torn dragging in the window felts

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    95' E34 M60B30
    Thanks guys, ill try lubing and grab a motor from the yard if that doesn't work.

My Cars
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by reubeng View Post
    My front pass window has had the clicking issue for a long time and I finally got around to using some screws to secure the metal plate to the plastic cog, as I saw here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGmMmUPjtsQ

It seemed all was well, window fix was successful, so I reassembled the door interior only to find the window developed a new issue. It will not go down, only makes a single quiet click. If I remove the interior and whack the motor while holding the switch down, it begins to operate. Seems to be some initial friction it cant overcome. What do you suggest?
    I know DIY sometimes helps a lot, also watching youtube tutorials can do. But it depends on the level of clicking issue of your car windows. Actually, when things can't solve with myself I ask for a professional to help me out. Try to call them via phone or visit their website https://www.mastershieldprotection.com probably they can help you. Hope this help.