Thread: Picking the vehicle from BMW performance center vs. dealership

My Cars
    Lexus ES 300

Picking the vehicle from BMW performance center vs. dealership

I have the option to pick up the built X3 from the BMW performance center in their manufacturing unit (OR) from the dealership. Both
    performance center and dealership are roughly at the same distance from where I live.

Please advise which is a better option to pick the vehicle BMW performance center (OR) dealership.

My Cars
    '05 330C 01 540i (2)535i
    Personally, I'd go to the performance center. They will give you a "training session" on how to operate your car on the track but with one of there cars' not yours. If you plan it right, you can take a tour thru the Zentrum & the factory. I'm assuming you are looking at the East coast. If you are,and a BMW CCA member, look up Donnie Isley at the Greer Center, tell him you're picking up your car & ask Donnie to give you some hot laps in a "M" car.
    You will enjoy this experience at Greer!
    '92 535i 5 speed
    '01 540i M sport 6 speed
    '05 330Cic ZHP
    '07 X3 3.0 si
    '04 Trailblazer EXT
    '96 Z77

My Cars
    Lexus ES 300
    Quote Originally Posted by rav31 View Post
    Personally, I'd go to the performance center. They will give you a "training session" on how to operate your car on the track but with one of there cars' not yours. If you plan it right, you can take a tour thru the Zentrum & the factory. I'm assuming you are looking at the East coast. If you are,and a BMW CCA member, look up Donnie Isley at the Greer Center, tell him you're picking up your car & ask Donnie to give you some hot laps in a "M" car.
    You will enjoy this experience at Greer!
    Me and my wife had to take my kids (2 year and 4 year old respectively) along with us for the vehicle pickup.

However, it appears that kids are not allowed to go to tour or any driving activities with us. So it looks like my wife has to take care of the kids while I go to the tour and enjoy performance center delivery activities.

Is there a chance that the kids be allowed to participate in the tour and other driving activities with us. If that is not the case, I may just go to the dealership and take the vehicle.

Also it looks like I may get the vehicle a week or two earlier, if I can pick the vehicle from dealership instead of BMW performance center delivery. So unfortunately my wife is not that excited about the performance center delivery.