Thread: Fuel Filter Flow Direction

My Cars
    85 325e

Fuel Filter Flow Direction

I think I installed my fuel filter correctly but wanted to double check. The fuel flows towards the larger banjo fitting (19MM) correct? I can't quite tell what goes where with all of the lines for the pump and accumulator.

Also, you'd think FCP Euro would provide new crush washers with their Bosch filter (they don't even list them with the filters or I would have bought some). Of course mine are leaking now...ugh. /rant

My Cars
    sold 78 BMW 320i
    All of the filters have a flow direction arrow, either a sticker, ink or stamped. On this picture, *the filter that is Standing: the (seamed)inlet is on the bottom. The outlet has that steel extension screwed into it, facing up. I'm not sure if the post 9/78 use that steel extension.

Assuming your crush washers are copper and Not mangled:

If you have a gas stove and bare piece of wire or whatever, you can heat the crush washers to glow orange fully, for just a couple seconds to soften(anneal) them. Let them cool naturally and use a wire brush to remove the flakes. (thanks Tom D).

click to enlarge
    *there's suppose to be 4 crush washers in a kit that includes them, not just 2 as shown in this picture.
    fuel-filter.jpg
    Last edited by epmedia; 02-23-2018 at 12:39 AM.
    Tbd

My Cars
    85 325e
    Quote Originally Posted by epmedia View Post
    All of the filters have a flow direction arrow, either a sticker, ink or stamped. On this picture, *the filter that is Standing: the (seamed)inlet is on the bottom. The outlet has that steel extension screwed into it, facing up. I'm not sure if the post 9/78 use that steel extension.

Assuming your crush washers are copper and Not mangled:

If you have a gas stove and bare piece of wire or whatever, you can heat the crush washers to glow orange fully, for just a couple seconds to soften(anneal) them. Let them cool naturally and use a wire brush to remove the flakes. (thanks Tom D).

click to enlarge
    *there's suppose to be 4 crush washers in a kit that includes them, not just 2 as shown in this picture.
    fuel-filter.jpg
    Thanks I never thought to use the stove to anneal the washers (was bummed that I gave away my propane torch a few moves ago).

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk