Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Audio Wiring diagram of BMW 728i E38

My Cars
    1997 BMW E38 728i

Audio Wiring diagram of BMW 728i E38

Hello everyone!

I am having some trouble finding any guidance on installing an aftermarket amplifier for front speakers as well as sub-woofer for my BMW E38 728i 1997. The car has no DSP system. It has the 16:9 TV and MKII navigation if it makes any difference. Any help on this would be very much apreciated!
    Last edited by DeepOne; 02-22-2018 at 02:48 PM.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

There's a few ways of adding an amplifier whilst keeping the OEM audio setup. You can use a Line Output Converter or a multi channel amplifier with speaker level inputs or a sound processor which all then output to your choice of amplifier and upgraded speakers.

If you aren't so sure of these ways of doing things, seek out a local, reputable car audio installer/dealer and have them discuss options with you. You can also look through this forum and other BMW ones as well as car audio forums to learn on them and what you'd like to do for your budget and requirements.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    1997 BMW E38 728i
    Hey!! thanks for your reply!! I am aware of the things you said. I am going to use high low filter to keep my OEM TV. The question I have is which wires that come to the trunk of the car are from the speakers, so I can connect my High low converter to the rear speakers for my subwoofer RCA, and also to power up my front speakers with new, more powerful amp.
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisCooper View Post
    Hi,

There's a few ways of adding an amplifier whilst keeping the OEM audio setup. You can use a Line Output Converter or a multi channel amplifier with speaker level inputs or a sound processor which all then output to your choice of amplifier and upgraded speakers.

If you aren't so sure of these ways of doing things, seek out a local, reputable car audio installer/dealer and have them discuss options with you. You can also look through this forum and other BMW ones as well as car audio forums to learn on them and what you'd like to do for your budget and requirements.

Cheers, Dennis!