Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking at 2000 Z3M roadster

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommm View Post
    You guys depress me. I am thinking of selling my 64k M Roadster and I was hoping to get more than 15. I know I paid a premium for the car in 2012 because it was local, had records, etc. But, until this thread I thought it maintained it's value or went up. I guess the Coupe's rising tide didn't raise all.
    Don't be that way--what year is your ///M? How many miles on it now? What condition? What market?

My Cars
    broads & booze!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zellamay View Post
    One problem is that some other very good cars have dropped in value. Look at what you can get for $15k+. If you don't have to sell, just hold out for your price. I know of a 300ZXTT that has been for sale at a high price for over 2 years. (If I could afford to maintain the thing I'd buy it.) What I've noticed is that there are fewer decent examples each year. Someday he'll get his price.
    I just don't use it. The 944S or 128i get the track time. The kid is in HS, and we bought her a 323Ci last month. Five cars, three car garage, and when she graduates in a few years my wife and I would like to move downtown to an apartment. I don't have to sell, I'm frustrated we don't use it, when my office was 8-10 miles away it was fun in the summer. Now that it is a hike I don't want to commute in it. Too many SUVs and 18 wheelers., and the BB exhaust gets taxing after about 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bingley View Post
    Don't be that way--what year is your ///M? How many miles on it now? What condition? What market?
    2000, white/black, 64000 miles, excellent cosmetic condition two chips in paint total, typical, but light marks on bottom of front bumper. Took ribbons at three of last four concourse (didn't enter one year). Getting ready for tires, ready for coolant system refresh. Records from 2004 forward. Denver area.
    Last edited by Tommm; 02-25-2018 at 07:50 PM.

I'm too old to learn how to drive an automatic.

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommm View Post
    2000, white/black, 64000 miles, excellent cosmetic condition two chips in paint total, typical, but light marks on bottom of front bumper. Took ribbons at three of last four concourse (didn't enter one year). Getting ready for tires, ready for coolant system refresh. Records from 2004 forward. Denver area.
    Pricing is so dependent on your local market and weather. Around here in N.E. Ohio, there are so few MZ3's that they command a higher price in the local market (Craig's list, classifieds, etc.). Also, the convertible season is from mid to late May through early October; convertibles sell for a few thousand dollar premium in the Spring (and a few thousand discount in the fall--and not at all in winter). That's low miles for an 18 year old car and it sound like a well documented service history. That too is worth a premium. I don't know what you paid for it, or how many miles you've put on since you bought it, but you should be able to get over $15K for it--the time of year is right to start getting it ready.

My Cars
    broads & booze!!!
    Pricing is so dependent on your local market and weather. Around here in N.E. Ohio, there are so few MZ3's that they command a higher price in the local market (Craig's list, classifieds, etc.). Also, the convertible season is from mid to late May through early October; convertibles sell for a few thousand dollar premium in the Spring (and a few thousand discount in the fall--and not at all in winter). That's low miles for an 18 year old car and it sound like a well documented service history. That too is worth a premium. I don't know what you paid for it, or how many miles you've put on since you bought it, but you should be able to get over $15K for it--the time of year is right to start getting it ready.
    I put maybe 300 miles on it since the June concourse. To get it ready I have to check the air in the tires, dust it off and for peace of mind change some fluids. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I put maybe 300 miles on it since the June concourse. To get it ready I have to check the air in the tires, dust it off and for peace of mind change some fluids. Thanks

I'm too old to learn how to drive an automatic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12