Thread: '00 323Ci convertible top leak

My Cars
    several

'00 323Ci convertible top leak

I think it is minor and all of the way to the left where it will form a drip if there is a lot of rain. Do I need to look at a seal replacement or any other ideas? The guy I bought it from said there may be a small leak. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Jeremy
    2000 323Ci Titansilber Metallic cabriolet

My Cars
    2002 325Ci Cabriolet
    First thing to check is the drains in the windshield weather strip. There is a drain on either side just near the half-circle. These drains are visible only with the top DOWN of course. Do you park on a completely FLAT surface? Any slope to your parking should be nose down to avoid water standing in the convertible storage compartment but that can also allow water to stand in the windshield seal area, where a drip now and then is almost normal. You may want to apply 303 Rubber Seal Protectant to the rubber to keep it soft and to aid in avoiding shrinking, which will cause gaps.

My Cars
    several
    Quote Originally Posted by All2kool View Post
    First thing to check is the drains in the windshield weather strip. There is a drain on either side just near the half-circle. These drains are visible only with the top DOWN of course. Do you park on a completely FLAT surface? Any slope to your parking should be nose down to avoid water standing in the convertible storage compartment but that can also allow water to stand in the windshield seal area, where a drip now and then is almost normal. You may want to apply 303 Rubber Seal Protectant to the rubber to keep it soft and to aid in avoiding shrinking, which will cause gaps.
    I will check this out and let you know. Thank you! I do park nose down in my driveway. Small drip and not a steady stream, fortunately.

Jeremy

My Cars
    several
    Water coming in the boot also. Passenger side. Do I need to plan on replacing all of my seals?

Jeremy

My Cars
    2002 325Ci Cabriolet
    Quote Originally Posted by JCC511 View Post
    Water coming in the boot also. Passenger side. Do I need to plan on replacing all of my seals?
    You need to determine how water is getting in. I also had water gathering in the Spare Tire and Battery wells. Discovered that all 4 of my Tail Lights were delaminated to some degree - a common problem.. I repaired the outer Tail Lights with Superglue and Gorilla Silicone Sealer. I carefully applied a small amount of Superglue in the groove and then secured them with clamps until dry, then applied a thin bead of Gorilla Silicone on the outer edge. I repaired mine as opposed to replacing them because they still looked like new. The Trunk mounted lights were foggy so they were replaced. When I reinstalled the Tail Light, I also put a bead of Gorilla Silicone on the three post holes and rubber gasket. Been dry as a bone since.

My Cars
    several
    Quote Originally Posted by All2kool View Post
    You need to determine how water is getting in. I also had water gathering in the Spare Tire and Battery wells. Discovered that all 4 of my Tail Lights were delaminated to some degree - a common problem.. I repaired the outer Tail Lights with Superglue and Gorilla Silicone Sealer. I carefully applied a small amount of Superglue in the groove and then secured them with clamps until dry, then applied a thin bead of Gorilla Silicone on the outer edge. I repaired mine as opposed to replacing them because they still looked like new. The Trunk mounted lights were foggy so they were replaced. When I reinstalled the Tail Light, I also put a bead of Gorilla Silicone on the three post holes and rubber gasket. Been dry as a bone since.
    Thank you. Will need to track this down.

Jeremy

My Cars
    several
    Was just driving in the rain. Pretty heavy rain. No leaks in the cabin until I parked at home on my angled driveway nose down. Immediately started leaking. I think I am going to put a bucket out there or something.

Jeremy

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    I suspect the door/window seal.
    Inspect for cuts or deformities.
    Also try resetting window up/down limits.

My Cars
    06 330ci zhp convertible
    did you resolve this? did you check the convertible top storage drains?

My Cars
    several
    Have not had a chance yet and regret it when a hard rain comes. Thank you.

Jeremy

My Cars
    Z3 M44 roadster 1997
    Hi, I inspected a lot the top seal after latch repair.

I had leaks too.

I solved understanding HOW water is blocked to get in.

First thing to check is if there anre any cracks or holes in the windshield gasket (exprecially near the attach point). then checking if the seal needs some "new life". see my post N°9 here. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1224478

My Cars
    several
    Put the 303 on and still leaking. Will go through the above post on the other forum and see what I can do. In hindsight, I am second guessing the convertible. Was looking at a coupe and sedan as well.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
    Jeremy

My Cars
    several
    Anyone have part numbers for the seals? Maybe I need to break down and replace a lot of them. I know they are on realOEM, but hoping someone maybe has a list. I appreciate it.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
    Jeremy