How many times do I have to relearn the same lesson! Find the fault and then read the boards before doing anything.

Car started running like crap on the way home from work (we will leave out the part about the Mustang who thought he was something special). Rolled into the garage, hooked up the code reader and read the description. "cylinder 2 misfilre, fuel shutoff" (something like that).

So I had some things to do with friends so I didn't fix it right away but I thought about it (Thinking, first mistake). I just have done the Valley Pan and had the fuel rails off along with the injectors. So my mind went to the "fuel shutoff" words and it just HAD to be the connection to the injector....right!

So I checked the injector today and pulled the plastic cover off the wiring box snapping several of those tabs to expose the wiring. Everything was just fine

So I went to computer and searched for P1348 and ended up in the archives here and found out that it is most likely the spark plug coil. Read about someone with exactly the same situation. Swapped coils, problem followed the coil, went to Autozone to get a replacement because it was Sunday, and then ordered a real Bosch one for later. Which is exactly what I did right up to and including the Autozone temporary part.

Total time from diagnosis to repair was less than an hour. Berating myself for not reading first will take a bit longer.

Anyone know the part number of the injector wiring box covers? Can't find them on realOEM