Thread: Broken pipes inside the fuel tank, help!

My Cars
    Merc R129, E31, Jag XKR

Broken pipes inside the fuel tank, help!

Hi Guys

Long story short, I acquired an E31 that was last on the road in 2009. As you can imagine, the fuel pump was gone and the petrol had turned into sludge.

Dropped that tank, cleaned it out and replaced the fuel pump but in the process, 2 plastic pipes broke on contact. Iv looked on Realoem but its not listed

Iv decided that my best bet is to buy submersible SAE 30R10 fuel pipes. The 1st one iv managed by using Gates 27080 5/16" pipe

Now the 2nd pipe, I need help with, its 14mm wide and it has to go across the fuel tank (75cm)

The pipe goes from the big opening to the other side

Any help would be appreciated on where to locate such a pipe

Thanks
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car, Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

My Cars
    850,76 2002 &530,84 633
    I had to replace the fuel level sensor carrier on my car and a new cost about $215. But, I broke a piece that held the spring while trying to install the carrier. Luckily, I repaired new carrier using a piece off the old one.
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...&q=16141180487

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Your more than likely looking at $500 for a new fuel pump carrier, It will include the pumps as well, I would also suggest changing the filters while at it, I would first send new fuel from the front area, atlease the firewall to a bucket in the rear using a generic unmounted fuel supply to assist in rensing the lines before installing the new parts. When they sit that long, They usually need new cleaning/pumps/Gas/Filters

My Cars
    Merc R129, E31, Jag XKR
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP530 View Post
    I had to replace the fuel level sensor carrier on my car and a new cost about $215. But, I broke a piece that held the spring while trying to install the carrier. Luckily, I repaired new carrier using a piece off the old one.
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...&q=16141180487
    Mines just obliterated trying to take the damn thing out!

Quote Originally Posted by 8eights View Post
    Your more than likely looking at $500 for a new fuel pump carrier, It will include the pumps as well, I would also suggest changing the filters while at it, I would first send new fuel from the front area, atlease the firewall to a bucket in the rear using a generic unmounted fuel supply to assist in rensing the lines before installing the new parts. When they sit that long, They usually need new cleaning/pumps/Gas/Filters
    Iv replaced the jammed fuel pump with a Bosch 69493 one.

Filter is already done and iv already done with rinsing the lines out. Now, the only problem im having is with this pipe that goes across the tank
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car, Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Contact Wuffer, He is one of the few who may have spare tank parts.

My Cars
    850,76 2002 &530,84 633
    How can I determine if the left side fuel level sensor carrier is transferring gas to the right side of tank? Seems like my car starts running out of fuel once tank level gets down to half. Thanks,

My Cars
    Merc R129, E31, Jag XKR
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP530 View Post
    How can I determine if the left side fuel level sensor carrier is transferring gas to the right side of tank? Seems like my car starts running out of fuel once tank level gets down to half. Thanks,
    You need to remove the the sender from the left side and see if the pipe that goes across is still in shape or it could be the pipe that does the U-turn and then sends it across