Thread: New tunes installed😎

My Cars
    1996 850

New tunes installed😎

300 Watts very happy and sounds a lot better then my singing
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    97 850CI
    Oh man, it's aftermarket! You are in trouble.
    Desecrator of all things Sacred

My Cars
    E31 E38 E65
    Nice....and has a knob!!!
    *~*Yamaguchi-gumi Syndicate Member #59,005 *~*
    [ Bippu Couture ] ( D_G ) [ FALKEN Tires]

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    Piece of Donkey shit. Tryin to turn it into a ricer, huh?!
    BECKER Indianapolis Traffic Pro or CD43 - these are headunits that are best matched to the acoustic engineering that went into the car. Feeling sad... LOL
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    1996 850

:-P

I'm worried about you TEX. you turning to the liberal side and bitching about everything

Quote Originally Posted by TxGR8White View Post
    Piece of Donkey shit. Tryin to turn it into a ricer, huh?!
    BECKER Indianapolis Traffic Pro or CD43 - these are headunits that are best matched to the acoustic engineering that went into the car. Feeling sad... LOL

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Did the speakers get upgraded?
    We are doing final speaker upgrade tomorrow on my car with alex840.

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart61 View Post
    I'm worried about you TEX. you turning to the liberal side and bitching about everything
    No way, no how. I am pointing out that you are taking the easy way out, and becoming the desecrator of all that is holy!!

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

My Cars
    bmw 850i M-tech
    All of these aftermarket head units look out of place in e31 interior.

FYI. These head unit power promises don't mean shit. They promise something they can't produce. Real power outputs are closer to 4 x 10 watts in real life. These 4 x 50watts are just marketing watts.

My Cars
    1996 850
    Wait till you hear the twice pipes and twin zingers............rricccccccceeeeee burneeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr
    ��

- - - Updated - - -

That’s true
    Thats why I upgraded the speakers and added a 300 amp!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikae31 View Post
    All of these aftermarket head units look out of place in e31 interior.

FYI. These head unit power promises don't mean shit. They promise something they can't produce. Real power outputs are closer to 4 x 10 watts in real life. These 4 x 50watts are just marketing watts.

My Cars
    1996 850
    I expected it....LOL

waiting for the spinners for my 22 inch wheels to show up��

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    Apparently you forgot what a howling V12 sounds like - way bettter than any radio upgrade, unless of course your car runs like shit, then I can understand trying to drown out the noise with eardrum puncturing sound...

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart61 View Post
    300 Watts very happy and sounds a lot better then my singing
    Good for you, You have a USB drive also, You can load all your favorite songs onto a USB Drive, Movies as well, you can ad to it anytime on your PC or Laptop, Screw that limited old crap and if you did want true RMS power, You can easily ad up to 3 amplifiers, You can now answer your cell phone hands free and listen to the caller through your speakers, That old school stuff is dated and no match.

My Cars
    bmw 850i M-tech
    Quote Originally Posted by 8eights View Post
    Good for you, You have a USB drive also, You can load all your favorite songs onto a USB Drive, Movies as well, you can ad to it anytime on your PC or Laptop, Screw that limited old crap and if you did want true RMS power, You can easily ad up to 3 amplifiers, You can now answer your cell phone hands free and listen to the caller through your speakers, That old school stuff is dated and no match.
    This hole e31 series is old school stuff and dated. It doesn't turn in to new by changing few things here and there.

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    No one said that but the stereo upgrade does make the car more enjoyable, Especially if you actually drive your E31.

My Cars
    E31 E38 E65
    This hole e31 series is old school stuff and dated. It doesn't turn in to new by changing few things here and there.
    Sure it does....

The OEM speaker imaging is horrible in its stock form...so are the distorted head units and amps. Maybe they were good when the E31 came out but it was before my time to own one.

ripping the entire OEM stereo stuffs out was the first thing I did.

Mine is equiped with Focal, Masconi,Sundown and McIntosh all time aligned and powered by 3 Odyssey PC2150 Batteries...its simply breath-taking.

My Cars
    91 850
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftGirl View Post
    Mine is equiped with Focal, Masconi,Sundown and McIntosh all time aligned and powered by 3 Odyssey PC2150 Batteries...its simply breath-taking.
    That's some serious gears you got there, DriftGirl. I got McIntosh head too and loving it so far.

My Cars
    E31 E38 E65
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFuture8 View Post
    That's some serious gears you got there, DriftGirl. I got McIntosh head too and loving it so far.
    Thank you yeah, I love their head units!! are u running it in your 8r??

My Cars
    91 850
    Yes, in the 8er. McIntosh Mx406 headunit, JL Audio XD400/4v2, Critical Mass, etc. @:-)

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    Funny I just spent a considerable amount of time removing my interior to run new factory wiring and what not and removing an aftermarket set up.

My Cars
    bmw 850i M-tech
    Yes, in the 8er. McIntosh Mx406 headunit, JL Audio XD400/4v2, Critical Mass, etc. @:-)
    Post a pic of how Mcintosh looks in e31 dash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DriftGirl View Post
    Sure it does....

The OEM speaker imaging is horrible in its stock form...so are the distorted head units and amps. Maybe they were good when the E31 came out but it was before my time to own one.

ripping the entire OEM stereo stuffs out was the first thing I did.

You don't have to tell me that. I have been dealing with car audio stuff for almost 20 years now. My point is that e31 is an old car and you can put new audio system in it but it still remains an old car.

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Post a pic of how Mcintosh looks in e31 dash.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to tell me that. I have been dealing with car audio stuff for almost 20 years now. My point is that e31 is an old car and you can put new audio system in it but it still remains an old car.
    When you were dealing with audio for all those years, Did you enhance your system with upgrades? It's amazing how so many of us overlooked that, Once a car leaves the dealership, It is old but this thread is about New Tunes Installed? I once had diamonds reset in a 30 year old ring, I could of kept that change in my pocket if i recognize how old the ring was, I'm on alert now and no more shoe strings for my older shoes no matter how well kept, Lesson learned!,)

If your a purist, It's Ok, Nothing wrong with that, Much respect for the will to go slow, I Would not be caught in a slow car that looks this good, It pretty much has a new engine too with his and hers turbos, Nothing wrong with making your Old car nicer to fit the owners needs, My point, your reminder of how old the car is, Is irrelevant to this thread and we are quite aware of it's age which is part of it's appreciation.

My Cars
    E31 E38 E65
    Cool! Im running the same headunit...tucked away in the lower glovebox.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything made before 2018 is now old......soooooo, WHATS your point again? The fact of the matter is the E31 is poorly setup (by todays excellent standards) for audio...if one has an ear for that type of stuff. Pretty sure the designers had more important things to consider other than making a car built around a concert hall...that certainly doesnt mean it can be done tho. And Im 100% certain my setup doesnt know its installed in an "old car" LoL!

...the only thing that may give yours away are the original lead acid batteries youre probably still running in your car...because it new tech is the voodoo

Jus kiddin, i'm pretty sure u knew this, being "into car audio" for 20yrs....

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    I wish I knew enough about it to build a system that was packaged like factory and functioned like a modern set up but I’ve never seen one actually look good. Everything is always cut up or has half assed wiring with ugly butt connectors stuffed in the dash with holes drilled everywhere.

If every one installed stuff like the Beach Autosound guys did with the Clarion 850 I’d be more in to upgrading audio.

My Cars
    E31 E38 E65
    LOL!!, not sure what kinda setups youve been looking at...highschool civics? :p j/k!!

That Clarion car is a pretty clean install...even tho the car has to be in neutral to change a CD I wouldve opted for a deck that had the CD transport located at the top of the deck.... Minor oversight i guess. I Love the interior colors tho!

My Cars
    '91 e31
    I would love to know how Tom got the HVAC controls in that top spot (MID normally) for Clarion - and I'm actually a bit confused why he couldn't get the DD deck to sit flush using those bottom 2 slots.

Been planning my next build and think it's going to include a Sony RSX-GS9 so I can ditch the DD and put all the controls back in their correct spots. I don't listen to CDs anyway, nor would I use any of the aftermarket nav units either. I'm of a mind that these cars make great canvases for a bit of self-expression - just don't cut any of the stock wires!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast