Hi all,

I am newly registered to this forum but have read many interesting topics regarding m70 engine swaps. Finally I am planning to do one myself and I have a few questions which I hope someone can answer. The engine will be transplanted in a BMW e30.

At first I would like to complete my parts list and I am curious which parts I should really buy from the donor vehicle. Unfortunately I can't purchase the complete donor so I need to be very precise in the parts that are necassery for this swap. Based on other topics I found that the following parts are essential:

1x M70 engine including all ancillaries (duh)
2x Engine control DME
1x EML DME
1x ASR/Traction DME (perhaps not necassery?)
1x Engine wiring loom
1x Automatic transmission including torque converter etc.

The above parts are kinda trivial but what I really would like to know is what small parts I should really take from the donor and certainly not forget.

Furthermore the engine management is motec 1.2. Since I am swapping the transmission to a manual, I would like to know if the engine will surge on idle since the torque converter will not be present and the rotating inertia will be changed? For the motec 1.7 version there seems to be "manual" eeproms available, I haven't seen any for the motec 1.2. Can the motec 1.2 eeprom be remapped to behave like a manual, in that sense that it does not try to regulate the stall of the torque converter?

Any input is highly appreciated and thanks so much in advance!

Cheers Stef