Thread: Alternative fuel pump rather than replace the whole assembly? M73

My Cars
    Merc R129, E31, Jag XKR

Alternative fuel pump rather than replace the whole assembly? M73

Hi Guys

Whats an alternative fuel pump to replace mine rather than replace the whole assembly?

Iv read the sticky but thats for the dual pump M70 and S70, I have the single pump M73 and im trying to avoid to fork out $500+ on the whole assembly

Thanks
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car, Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

My Cars
    1991 BMW 850i
    This is probably not the solution you are looking for but maybe this info is helpful. I bought my 91 850i with what I was told was a Ford Mustang (aftermarket?) single Fuel Pump mounted externally beside the fuel filters. Original pumps were both removed. I always felt nervous and hope to one day put it back to original but to be honest, I've run it this way for over 6 years/ 50k kilometers without the slightest problem. I can't give you many details on how it is hooked up other than to say power comes off only 1 of the pump's wiring at the tank. The fuel pump's outlet goes into a t and then to the 2 original fuel lines up to the 2 fuel injector rails.

My Cars
    1997 m3
    I believe the part number for just the pump would be 16 14 6 768 653 but you should double check with realoem.com by entering your last 7 of the vin.
    Many sources sell the oem pump for a reasonable price, or you can get an aftermarket one.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by spitfire980 View Post
    Hi Guys

Whats an alternative fuel pump to replace mine rather than replace the whole assembly?

Iv read the sticky but thats for the dual pump M70 and S70, I have the single pump M73 and im trying to avoid to fork out $500+ on the whole assembly

Thanks
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-Pump-Assembly

My Cars
    Merc R129, E31, Jag XKR
    Thats the 1st thing I read! Unfortunately, mine is a single pump design. According to my research, Bosch 69493 should do the trick
    "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car, Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you."