Thread: Blaupunkt AUS440 single DIN?

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is

Blaupunkt AUS440 single DIN?

I have to run new speaker wires to get rid of the weird factory setup and am going to have to pull my radio.

I saw this Blaupunkt, I don't typically care for flip ups but I think opening the screen is optional.

Has anyone put one of these in? Any issues with fitment? (Support arm interference, etc.)

I am running Blaupunkt speakers so I figured it wouldn't hurt to swap to the same brand.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1998 M3 643whp
    IMO, if going to flip up headunit, there is no other choice but this. Sure it's 2X as much, but it is so much more functional. Android auto/Carplay makes you forget this car's age.
    Pioneer AVH-3300NEX
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071X596WM/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1NFAJB519T5VQ&colid=1N555N0 47BH47&psc=1

If that is too much for you, then buy my 1yo, PnP, flawless, with E36 wiring harness, and M3 background loaded for the same price ($200) as that cheapo BP.....so I can buy the HU above. PIONEER AVH-X7800BT

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    Have no experience with the one you listed. I got this one for $90 and put it in. Its a nice piece. It has 3 pre amp rca outs for front and rear speakers and a subwoofer. Comes with Bluetooth, aux, and usb right on the front. Adjustable colors. Crutchfield even thru in an adapter to plug into the factory wiring plug. Not that I can use it because i cut the plug out....

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    I am working on a detailed writeup of my sonic makeover, maybe it will help you when finished.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Thanks guys, I have everything on the way including the Head Unit, amp wiring kit, copper speaker wire, spade connectors, and Irwin auto stripper/terminal crimp tool. I have the 5.25 4 ways, 6x9 4 ways and adapters and the 8" powered sub on hand. The 6x9's are already mounted in the adapters waiting on the other components.

The features of the unit are pretty extensive actually. I just went through the pdf manual. It has every type of input, including Bluetooth, aux in, USB and SD card. Illumination is changeable to red.

When I can afford it I am going to add the back up camera with active parking lines and the dual headrest displays for the rear passengers with headphones, all of which will be under $350.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    I found matching LHD and RHD A pillar 52mm gauge pods for mounting four tweeters.

They are universal so I will have to pull the A pillar covers, cut the pods to fit flush, and epoxy them into integrated units. I will either epoxy coat the finished pieces and paint them or upholstery them with tan vinyl.

52mm tweeters are readily available.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
    IMO, if going to flip up headunit, there is no other choice but this. Sure it's 2X as much, but it is so much more functional. Android auto/Carplay makes you forget this car's age.
    Pioneer AVH-3300NEX
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071X596WM/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1NFAJB519T5VQ&colid=1N555N0 47BH47&psc=1

If that is too much for you, then buy my 1yo, PnP, flawless, with E36 wiring harness, and M3 background loaded for the same price ($200) as that cheapo BP.....so I can buy the HU above. PIONEER AVH-X7800BT

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I had looked at the Pioneers, they are pretty nice, but I am not going to drop the money for one of those.

The Blau isn't exactly high end, but it has plenty of features (probably more than I need). All of the other components I got were Blaupunkt and I am funny about mixing and matching. The reviews on Crutchfield were all positive, It will be good I believe.

The entire cost of the 5.25's, 6x9's with adapters, powered sub and head unit that I ordered is over $150 cheaper than that Pioneer head unit alone. Add in the gauge pods and four tweeters and it is still $100 less.

I am pretty sure I will be happy with the result, especially going from totally roached out stock components. I can add the backup camera and headrest displays for my boy to watch in the backseat whenever I feel like paying for the add-ons, all for only a few hundred more than the one Pioneer component.

I usually go mid level on electronics such as this. I don't push extreme volume or bass output. I just want a decently nice setup that gives me hands free calling and some cool features. The Blau has the format capabilities I need and streams Bluetooth audio from my phone. It doesn't display album art or song info like some of the newer units, but I know that stuff anyway and I tend to look at the road rather than the radio.
    Last edited by Deus Ex Machina; 02-15-2018 at 12:23 AM.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by XnWarden View Post
    I am working on a detailed writeup of my sonic makeover, maybe it will help you when finished.

I will look forward to reading the write up XnWarden. Thanks.