Thread: Opinions on ABS delete

My Cars
    1994 325is

Opinions on ABS delete

So I've been considering deleting my ABS from my 94 325is. The engines out and I have access to everything to get rid of it right now but I wanted some opinions on if it's even worth it. Currently the front brakes don't have abs but the rears do. I plan on running a dual caliper setup in the future however. My car is still a street car with full interior and is driven on nice days during the summer. What's everyone's opinion?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Are you retarded and lack driving skill? If yes, keep abs so when you drive in the winter/wet your brakes won’t lock up while you rear end people. If no, get rid of it. I’ve deleted it in any car I’ve had the engine out of and never seen any kind of difference.

My Cars
    none
    okay so this is my train of thought, I don't care how good of a driver you are its not hard to panic and lock up power brakes. I think I'm a pretty good driver and I locked up some S drives and totaled my e30 when some old hag cut me off. I wish I would have tried and fixed the abs rather than being lazy lol. Its not hard to pull the relay at an event. If its just for the sake of a cleaner bay or cosmetics i would keep it. Its great peace of mind the 80% of the time you aren't drifting.

I also have an irrational fear of getting tied up in a lawsuit after an accident for my car being modified and unsafe and (I'm a wierdo)

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    BMW
    On street cars, I generally suggest maintaining ABS for those "o ****" situations.

-James

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    You guys are missing the “currently the front brakes don’t have abs but the rears do” part of this. The front is the most important part of the braking system on a car, so if it’s already disabled on there then there is no point in keeping that big pump in the bay...

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    I've deleted it on my drift car. I'm pretty calm on streets and don't really run into those oh sh*t moments.

The only cars I ever kept ABS on were my stock E46 and stock silverado truck and that was only because they weren't modified. :p

If your front brakes don't have it, ditch it imo. I didn't know they did only rear abs on BMWs though... WTF?
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    1994 325is
    Thanks for all the input. The fronts don't have sensors because I couldn't re use the old ones. Just wanted to decide to either add the sensors back in or just keep it out

My Cars
    2 E30s and a maxima

Status: Someone put glitter in my oil. Wait. Why's all my oil outside the engine? What's that knocking?

My Cars
    '97 540i/6, '97 328i
    I got so pissed off at my stupid ABS in my work van the other day (snowy Michigan day) that I pulled the ABS fuse. Life is good now. Brakes work like they are supposed to work, all of the time now. I completely agree with Mikestockman.

At this point the only vehicle I own that has functional ABS is my wife's drive-the-kids-to-school minivan, and that is probably only because the warning lights on the dash would cause her to drive me nuts. Her van has a good set of Blizzaks on for the winter, so the ABS pretty much never functions anyway, but equally with proper tires like that, ABS isn't needed.