Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rajicase's Turbo Build: Part TWO v. Project Ressurrection

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3

Rajicase's Turbo Build: Part TWO v. Project Ressurrection

Well I guess now is a good time to start chapter TWO.
    Chapter one was a two year journey of boosting my m3 on a pizza delivery budget. Had my ups and downs, but was an experience that created many new friendships and learning opportunities.
    Started with a stock S52 with a borg s256sx on 93 octane running 13-20psi. Ended with a fully built s52 with a borg s366Sxe on E85 running up to 28psi.

Chapter one came to a close when I lost control of my car doing a 4th gear pull and spun out going 90+ mph. The back end of my car clipped a guard rail and I ended up face first in a telephone pole. Had a rough few days and did a lot of soul searching and reflection. Thought long and hard about my next move.

Went from F it, I'm done with cars to maybe I will pick up another chassis and swap everything into.... to today, where I have made a final decision to fix my current chassis and continue this project.

Several things lead me to this decision, most of which being how sentimental this chassis is to me. A bit of background for anyone interested; my first car was a 98 Honda Accord. A gift from my mom free of charge, I was unbelievably lucky to have gotten such a great first car and of course what do I do? I total it less than a year later. My mom told me that I was responsible for my next car purchase, and that I could use whatever insurance money I got from the Honda to buy a car. So what do I do? I buy the shittiest M3 I can find. After bringing the car home, it of course needs immediate attention. At least I know how to work on cars, right? Wrong. I took it to a shop to get a coolant hose replaced and it was at that moment I knew I fucked up.

I blew the last of the insurance money on the hose repair, and knew all future repairs would cost me. So I call up my father, and begged him to teach me how to change a tire and do an oil change, so I could begin to learn how to work on cars. A few months go by and my dad and uncle walk me through some basic repairs; spark plugs, cooling system, suspension, etc. I fell in love with the car. Bringing it back to life became my obsession. I spent hours and hours, sleepless nights reading DIY threads on bf.c, watching youtube videos, etc. Learning how to work on the car.

Well years go by and my M3 becomes my life. All of my friends I currently have I can thank this car for. My work ethic, self discipline, and lots of life lessons are thanks to this car.

Anyways, long read, but that is where I am at. The M3 will get a second chance. The build will continue..
    Pictures to come...

Also, thanks to everyone here who has been supportive and reached out. The texts/calls/pms/posts mean the world.

My Cars
    E39 535i
    Goods to hear!
    Best of luck with it!

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Great. It’s just sheet metal. Nothing a few thousand can’t fix.

I can’t wait to see it come back to life.

My Cars
    M3
    Ayeeee, today we just gonna send it! Grats man on the choice, first crash sucks for sure specially on something you've worked so hard on. I'll toast to that. Gl on the future build.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by StRaNgEdAyS View Post
    Goods to hear!
    Best of luck with it!

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
    Thanks man!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chikinhed View Post
    Great. It’s just sheet metal. Nothing a few thousand can’t fix.

I can’t wait to see it come back to life.
    I should be able to get everything done for $1000-1200 depending on what I get.
    I know I need:
    Front bumper
    Rear bumper
    Hood
    Pass fender
    Nose panel
    Rad support
    Headlights
    Corner lights
    Fender liners
    Paint/misc supplies for painting

All paint/welding/sheet metal repair will be done by myself so I think its a reasonable estimate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mklock View Post
    Ayeeee, today we just gonna send it! Grats man on the choice, first crash sucks for sure specially on something you've worked so hard on. I'll toast to that. Gl on the future build.
    Thanks man! Excited for whats to come.

My Cars
    99' 323is, 99' 328is
    [QUOTE=rajicase;29950468]Thanks man!

- - - Updated - - -

I should be able to get everything done for $1000-1200 depending on what I get.
    I know I need:
    Front bumper
    Rear bumper
    Hood
    Pass fender
    Nose panel
    Rad support
    Headlights
    Corner lights
    Fender liners
    Paint/misc supplies

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't sound tea bag, and you were ready to throw in the towel..glad you came to your senses. In for 178+ pages.

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    damn man

You need a bubble-mobile

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Took some time to rip everything off and assess the damage. It's kinda bad, but I think it's fixable.

Biggest challenges are going to be straightening up the passenger frame rail and inner fender and all the sheet metal so the lights and hood and new panels line up.

Also the rear sheet metal that wraps around and below the trunk on the pass side is going to need to be cut out and I'll need to find a piece at a junk yard to weld in.

Pretty big project ahead but I think I can get it back to where it was before.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Too bad you are so far away. I just removed a good hood, nose panel, front bumper cover and doors from my car that I have no use for now.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by chikinhed View Post
    Too bad you are so far away. I just removed a good hood, nose panel, front bumper cover and doors from my car that I have no use for now.
    Damn that does suck..

My Cars
    95 M3, 87 535is
    You can buy that trunk panel brand new from BMW to weld in.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjaya29 View Post
    You can buy that trunk panel brand new from BMW to weld in.
    Interesting, I see that... Not sure I want to spend $190 on that but maybe.. Could cut it out of a car at pull a part for free probably.

My Cars
    E36
    I'm glad you decided to fix this thing. Look forward to seeing the progress. On a brighter note, tax season is here. Good time to fund the build!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw328m52 View Post
    I'm glad you decided to fix this thing. Look forward to seeing the progress. On a brighter note, tax season is here. Good time to fund the build!

Working off tips fucks me come tax season. Now that I have a real job though, I should have a nice sum of money coming in next year XD

My Cars
    99' M3, 98' M3, 13' X5
    A-

I'm sure you've already communicated with Benjy regarding this, if not he's a good reference when it comes to this. We have another friend that recently went through a small mishap...he can recommend a local shop to pull the body straight if needed. Feel free to reach out if you need anything.

S

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Worked on the passenger frame rail today. Got it damn near straight. Pretty happy with it. Did a bit of work with the inner fender as well. I think everything is gonna be just fine.

Before and after.
    Last edited by rajicase; 02-11-2018 at 10:15 PM.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    Howd you do that? Mount the bumper shock and hammer on it?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    Twin turbo LS E36 M3
    We all knew you werent going anywhere. The only one that didnt know, was you LOL.

Frame rail doesnt look too bad. That far forward, they arent realy doing much anyways, so just make it look decent and send it.

I kind of wish i cut mine off and tubed it in.
    328i Sedan Twin s366's, 6.0LS, TH400, MS3 Ultimate
    9.20 at 150 on 22psi

My Cars
    E36 M3 Turbo
    Yeah we knew you'd come to your senses haha

Did you try the old chain to a tree trick for that rail? Actually looks half decent
    97 Turbo 3.2L M3 - Cutring / ARP - RSI Top Mount - Gt4088r - ID1300 - Tial WG - 22RPD Tuned - 93 Octane - 3.5" Stainless

My Cars
    E36
    Not bad at all. Looks like she has a fighting chance.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    So a couple of updates; tbh I haven't messed with it much. Starting my new job and getting up to speed, along with working night shift has taken most of my time and energy.

This weekend I did two things;
    1) Ordered a new IC. FINALLY. Decided to go big and went with the treadstone 1245. Treadstone was having a 50% off sale, so got it for $230 shipped, brand new. Couldn't pass it up.

2) I cut off the end of my old frame rail and welded a new one on. After hammering it back, it looked straight, but it was still twisted in multiple axis. After I grind down the welds and paint, youll never be able to tell the car has had its frame rail cut off and welded back on XD. Good stuff....

On a side note, I didn't realize how bad my old IC was. I thought it was a 3" core. Nope. I have been pushing up to 25psi from a 366sxe through a $75 2.5" ebay IC. Looking in the end tank, the fins are all mangled and pushed in too from the boost. I should def see some more power stepping up to a real IC.

Also:
    I have a new hood, nose panel, and radiator support sourced. Still need a passenger fender, front & rear bumpers, lights, and the tail panel. And paint. But its coming together. I have half a mind just to get the front end together and go out and drag some ass and worry about the rear and paint at a later date. Dunno yet..
    Last edited by rajicase; 03-14-2018 at 12:00 PM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    First two pics are the old frame rail end hacked off. Third pic is the new one welded on.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    looking good!!

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by rajicase View Post
    Treadstone was having a 50% off sale
    WAS? As in the sale is over?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by jakermac View Post