Thread: Any experience with Lloyd’s floor mats?

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6

Any experience with Lloyd’s floor mats?

I was thinking about buying a set from them as I know they are the best aftermarket ones you can get. A buddy of mine used to work at a Porsche shop where they restored 914s and old 911s and they got all their mats from them. They offer a set for the 8 series but unfortunately bmw doesn’t license to them so they can’t sew an 8 on it or any BMW likeness for me. But I would still like some even if they’re plain.

My concern was the lack of bmw specific hold downs for them. All the Porsche ones had the proper hold downs but they license to them. Has anyone ordered a set from them for any bmw and did they have the hold downs? I can’t seem to get in touch with anyone on the phone there either to ask them.

My Cars
    x5, 640i, 850Ci, 850CSi
    Quote Originally Posted by killian665 View Post
    I was thinking about buying a set from them as I know they are the best aftermarket ones you can get. A buddy of mine used to work at a Porsche shop where they restored 914s and old 911s and they got all their mats from them. They offer a set for the 8 series but unfortunately bmw doesn’t license to them so they can’t sew an 8 on it or any BMW likeness for me. But I would still like some even if they’re plain.

My concern was the lack of bmw specific hold downs for them. All the Porsche ones had the proper hold downs but they license to them. Has anyone ordered a set from them for any bmw and did they have the hold downs? I can’t seem to get in touch with anyone on the phone there either to ask them.
    I have a set. They do have BMW correct hold downs, although there are two types of BMW hold downs, and the style they used weren't the same kind that I had (but they were easily and cheaply changed).

Although they won't put either 'BMW' or the BMW logo on the mats, I was able to get '850Ci' embroidered on mine. The logo is large, and centered in the mat as opposed to being along the side edge as is the case with stock mats. Also, the carpet pile is larger and looser than stock, although the color was a good match.
    However, I ordered them because Nojser, whom everyone said made the best mats, was no longer making them. But about a week after I received my Lloyds mats, he announced that he was taking orders for one last run, so I ordered a set from him. I don't know if he is truly finished, or can be talked into making more, but his are better in my opinion. The embroidery is positioned properly, and the carpet pile is much closer to the stock mats. The only negative thing I can say about his mats are that the color is a little darker than the stock color, but they still look good. I've got the virtually new Lloyds mats on the shelf in my garage, and am using Nojser's mats. If you don't know who I'm talking about, do a forum search and you'll find several discussions about his mats.

Mike Barrett
    Last edited by mbarrett635; 02-08-2018 at 09:48 PM.
    Mike Barrett
    94 850CSi, Hellrot over silbergrau dunkel/silbergrau hell
    96 850Ci, Oxfordgrun over silbergrau hell

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    I tried ordering from that guy as well but he had quit making them. I last saw he plans to start making them again this year but I’d like to have some in the mean time so I don’t mess my carpet up

My Cars
    850Ci,V10M6,B7L,640,328,
    I have bought their trunk mats for various cars. Really think nice quality. I'd assume they use the same material for the floor mats.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    Yeah I’m just going to have to sort through their options and see which one is closest to OEM style. They’ve got some they advertise as thicker and more luxurious and all that. Just want stock haha

My Cars
    1996 850
    maybe we can do a group buy. I need a set

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    That would be sweet I wonder how many people would be interested given the fact that Nojser is gonna start selling them again and people seem to like him the most. Plus he can do bmw logos and what not.

My Cars
    1986 bmw 735i
    I need a set for my e23 "pearl beige" please with BMW logo. From Nojser

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    Yeah Nojser isn’t making them right now but supposedly is going to start again at some point this year

My Cars
    1986 bmw 735i
    Keep me posted im very intrested

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    I’ll call them tomorrow and see what they can do for us. If they’re down I’ll start a thread with a sign up

My Cars
    1996 850
    Awesome and Thank You!
    I’ll call them tomorrow and see what they can do for us. If they’re down I’ll start a thread with a sign up

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    I talked them and they just flat out said no. Lady on the phone was kind of short so I guess there goes that.

My Cars
    1996 850
    wow thats not cool.

I talked them and they just flat out said no. Lady on the phone was kind of short so I guess there goes that.

My Cars
    1986 bmw 735i
    i would call back and see if you can get a different person on the phone and maybe get a different answer. I was really hoping he would start making them again : (

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    Not the same guy. I’m talking about Lloyd’s. Nojser has already said he may start making them again later this year. We were talking about a group buy from Lloyd’s

My Cars
    1986 bmw 735i
    Awe ok i gotcha

My Cars
    1995 840Ci, 2013 X5
    I think the issue is using a trademarked name or logo. A guy in Poland might get away with it, but a company like Lloyds won't go anywhere near it.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    We weren’t going to ask them for that. Just wanted a group buy deal on plain Jane floor mats for the E31.

My Cars
    1986 bmw 735i
    Any news yet ?

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    Oh my god y’all lol. Read. Lloyd’s floor mats will not do a group buy. Told me to eat a dick. That’s all the group buy request was about.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i6
    Update. I bought some Lloyd’s ultimats and holy crap these are nice. I opted for these over the Luxe models because even though they have a lifetime warranty over the Ulti’s 5 year, the carpet pile is half an inch thick. Seemed too much like house carpet to me. But for you guys with black interiors, opt for the ebony color through Lloyd’s, not black. I got color swatches before ordering and the ebony matches perfect. The black is a little too dark.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740i
    I agree with killian665's assessment of Lloyds mats. I just receive a set of Lloyds Luxe mats in Black for my interior restoration, and they are significantly darker than the OEM anthracite carpet. Very, and I mean very high quality floor mats. Maybe too nice though, as I almost don't want to install them for fear that they may get dirty. I'll probably order another set in Ebony and probably opt for the ultimats as they appear to match the texture of the OEM carpet a little better.