Thread: SCCA Track Night in America - Discounted Price

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci

SCCA Track Night in America - Discounted Price

I know that many of you have heard of Track Night in America. For those that have not, it is a program run by the SCCA that brings affordable track days to tracks all around the country. For 2018, Track Night in America has added 4 new locations; Auto Club Speedway, Dominion Raceway, La Junta Raceway and New Hampshire Motor Speedway. You get 3 20 minutes sessions on track for $150 or less.

I ran with them for the last couple years and can say that they are well organized, on time, and the best part, very affordable. I have been asked to be a part of their Track Night Champions program to get the word out and answer any questions that prospective drivers might have.

If you have any questions or would like a $25 discount on your next event , message me and I will be happy to provide either. Keep in mind that registration doesn't open until February 12th for March events and March 1 for the rest of the events.

Have fun and be safe this year!

List of Events:

http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330ci
    Just a reminder, registration is now open for all events. Send me a message if you would like a discount code or have any questions.

Have fun!

My Cars
    1997 328is and 1998 328i
    Love to see some more BMWs coming out to the AMP and CMP events. I'll be admin a few different events this year... so I hope to see you guys out there. Fingers crossed that I can make it out to Charlotte Motor Speedway. I heard that place was a riot last year.
    WUTCONE?

My Cars
    135i, R53 jcw, x5d, E39
    I'm gonna try to make the cmp events, do you have to be a scca member too?
    The term badge whores is not allowed on bimmerforums, because badge whores don't like it

My Cars
    1997 328is and 1998 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlah View Post
    I'm gonna try to make the cmp events, do you have to be a scca member too?
    Absolutely not. No membership required. Just a car and a driver's license.
    WUTCONE?

My Cars
    06 330i, 88 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceE30 View Post
    Love to see some more BMWs coming out to the AMP and CMP events. I'll be admin a few different events this year... so I hope to see you guys out there. Fingers crossed that I can make it out to Charlotte Motor Speedway. I heard that place was a riot last year.
    I saw that you guys actually have one at Road ATL, and I might make that one. About 3 to 4 sessions is all I can stand at AMP anyway. Unfortunately, your next AMP is the same day as the Chin Monday at RA.

I guess that Barber is out of the picture?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1997 328is and 1998 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by lelandr View Post
    I saw that you guys actually have one at Road ATL, and I might make that one. About 3 to 4 sessions is all I can stand at AMP anyway. Unfortunately, your next AMP is the same day as the Chin Monday at RA.

I guess that Barber is out of the picture?
    Pro tracks cost Pro money. The only reason we can get Road Atlanta b/c it's in conjunction with The Mitty. That's the only way to keep the price down and maximize the accessibility of the tracks throught he program. We are always trying to find ways to make Barber work... give it time and I feel like we'll get there eventually.
    WUTCONE?

My Cars
    06 330i, 88 M3
    There was actually pretty good BMW diversity at the RA event last night. Piles of E36s, 2 M2s, E46 M3, an E39, Spec E30 and one E30 M3.

Really good event, thanks for helping me work my way into it. It would be great if you guys could do more RA and less AMP.

My Cars
    1997 328is and 1998 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by lelandr View Post
    There was actually pretty good BMW diversity at the RA event last night. Piles of E36s, 2 M2s, E46 M3, an 2x E39 M5s, Spec E30 and one E30 M3.

Really good event, thanks for helping me work my way into it. It would be great if you guys could do more RA and less AMP.
    Fixed

Great to meet you (and the rest of the BMW contingent)!!! I'm hoping we can do more Road Atlanta... but I think because of the cost of AMP, we'll always have that as our normal monthly event. Look forward to seeing more of you guys out there again soon!
    WUTCONE?

My Cars
    135i, R53 jcw, x5d, E39
    I went to the CMP event to check it out, how come they do not have instructors with the novices? at first I thought it was the worst group of intermediate I've ever seen then someone corrected me, novices with no instructors.
    The term badge whores is not allowed on bimmerforums, because badge whores don't like it

My Cars
    1997 328is and 1998 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlah View Post
    I went to the CMP event to check it out, how come they do not have instructors with the novices? At first I thought it was the worst group of intermediate I've ever seen then someone corrected me... novices with no instructors.
    In our experience, in-car instructors don't actually solve the issue you're talking about. Often times they are working on things like lines, speed, and other car control basics. Additionally, instructors can (and do) often distract drivers and can cause more issues than solve (often pushing drivers past their comfort levels). Lastly, the novices that usually show up to Track Night are much more "entry level" than your regular track-day (I believe 40% of our drivers the past 2 years have had zero motorsports experience - autocross or HPDE). Getting them comfortable being on-track is usually job one and in 4 years (and 400+ events), we've seen good success, especially when you look at the number of accidents vs. traditional HPDEs.

Instead, we use our novice coach to work with driver's between sessions to learn awareness (in addition to a health number of black-flags to give people healthy reminders to give point-bys as well as ensure they remember they can come into the pits to clear drivers behind them and for their own clear track). We're lucky to have Tom O'Gorman (http://www.tomoracing.com/) as our lead Novice Coach for the program. Tom's attitude and experience have been invaluable in developing a program that encourages drivers to see others on track as "team mates" and not "competitors". If they want to race against someone, we have a number of excellent programs for that (including our revamped TT program).

I've been to over 30 Track Nights (as a registrar and driver coach). With proper instruction and feedback, by the 2nd and 3rd sessions, most groups start to "get it"... but there's no replacement for on-track experience.
    WUTCONE?

My Cars
    135i, R53 jcw, x5d, E39
    I did not mention what I saw that scared me, so I'm a little confused by your comment, I would pm you if you want, I don't want to scare someone from trying it. Nevertheless cheap track days is good and more are needed!

My Cars
    e36
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceE30 View Post
    Fixed

Great to meet you (and the rest of the BMW contingent)!!! I'm hoping we can do more Road Atlanta... but I think because of the cost of AMP, we'll always have that as our normal monthly event. Look forward to seeing more of you guys out there again soon!
    Thanks for helping put on a fun event. It was a great introduction to Road Atlanta for me and well worth the drive down from Charlotte. I had the blue e36 328is.

My Cars
    98' M3/4/5, 85' 944
    I just got back from my second track night last night and heading to my 3rd in about 30 minutes. These are good events price is right especially with the coupon code from OP.

I am new to the track and feel like after my 2nd or 3rd session at a new track I could benefit from an instructor to help me figure out where I'm leaving speed on the table as I don't want too much practice the "wrong way" but it's nice to be able to learn all the local tracks with low cost and low pressure. And I will already know the track when I get to an event with instructors.