Thread: Looking for recommendation on reputable BMW shop to do rebuild/fix of transmission

My Cars
    1999 BMW 740il

Looking for recommendation on reputable BMW shop to do rebuild/fix of transmission

Hey fella's,

I'm located in Carroll County in Maryland and looking for a reputable BMW or transmission shop you'd trust to fix your 1999 BMW 740il transmission. I've got a leaking bearing from the center shaft and I think the whole trans needs to be dropped, partially disassembled, and put back together and installed.

Or of someone wants to help me do it and has a lift, PM me

Thanks,

Dan
    1999 BMW 740il 137k

RRSperry is offline Senior Moment Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 ///M3sc, '21 C8 HTC
    Maybe Ed York in Mt Airy?
    No matter where you go, there you are...

My Cars
    3.0 CS, 540i6, 540iT
    I got a recommendation from a retired mechanic who is a buddy of mine for County Transmissions in Vienna, VA. I didn't end up using them for my tranny work, but they were very helpful when I was seeking someone to ship a transmission I had sold.
    540i6 - HRE 540s w/Michelin Super Sports; KMS limited slip dif w/3:38 gears; Supersprint Headers and cat back exhaust; M5 brakes with Euro floating rotors; Authority software and CAI; H&R Springs/Bilstein shocks; Eibach sway bars; BeastPower rear sway bar brackets; Polyurethane sway bar bushings; m3 Tranny bushings; Strong Strut strut brace; Zionsville radiator & electric fan; Eurodash; Custom armrest; Mercedes bi-xenons; Weisslicht angel eye upgrade; CDV Delete; Lidatek laser jammer; Custom hidden V1; Lighted M5 shift knob; Aspheric Mirrors; Huper Optik tint; Debadged; M5 grills; Saab license plate frames & trunk handle