Thread: Extended Warranty and Maintenance Plan on 2018 BMW X3

My Cars
    Lexus ES 300

Extended Warranty and Maintenance Plan on 2018 BMW X3

I believe 2018 BMW X3 is coming with 4yr/50K miles free warranty and 3 Yr/30K miles free maintenance plan.
    I am thinking of buying extended maintenance plan and may be extended warranty (if it is feasible), if I purchase 2018 BMW X3.
    Dealer is quoting $5000 for 7 years/100K miles extended warranty (ie 3 years after 4 year warranty) and $3500 for 7 year/125K miles maintenance plan?
    I am planning to talk to other dealers as well.

Please advise on the following or share any pointers related to it?
    What is the maximum extended warranty and maintenance plan possible?
    What exactly does extended warranty covers? What exactly does extended maintenance plan covers?
    Are there any levels in the extended maintenance or extended warranty... If so could you share what exactly each level would cover and the price for the level?
    Is it worth it to go for the extended maintenance plan given that BMW offers 3 years free maintenance plan, provided I plan to keep it for at least 10 years/125K miles?
    Is it worth it to go for the extended warranty now given that BMW offers 4 years free warranty, provided I plan to keep it for at least 10 years/125K miles??
    What is the best deal you can got on the extended maintenance plan for brand new X3 or BMW?
    What is the best deal you can got on the extended warranty for brand new X3 or BMW
    Last edited by smkuma; 02-04-2018 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Changes 2/4 3 PM - Based on updated needs

I used to be against them, but bought a 'named exclusion''policy with my 13 X3 from AAA through IWS. Right at 51k, an 02 sensor failed. 800 parts and labor coveted.
    With the sensors, computers, heat and Vibration, I now think they are almost necessary for high tech cars.
    You can count on sensors, the turbo going out around 50k, and the infamous window switches at nearly 500 a piece at least in 100 k.
    Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    I bought my 99 Z3 CPO with extended warranty to 100k and it was $700 then. It was n/a engine though and the only thing I needed the warranty for was a abs module problem ($1500 part) of course I found out on this forum that a company in Idaho can repair certain modules for around $150. When the replacement failed at 160k I sent it there (modulemasters) for repair and had it back in a week with 5 yr warranty. How much is it to service/replace a turbo on the new Bmw's engines. I'd weigh that against the extended warranty cost. Btw my 1st Z3 was perhaps the most trouble free car I've ever owned. Sold it at 197k and had only replaced water pump,starter,abs & radiator after an idler failure besides routine maintenance items.

My Cars
    Lexus ES 300
    Please advise on the following or share any pointers related to it?

What is the maximum extended warranty and maintenance plan possible?
    What exactly does extended warranty covers? What exactly does extended maintenance plan covers?
    Are there any levels in the extended maintenance or extended warranty... If so could you share what exactly each level would cover and the price for the level?
    Is it worth it to go for the extended maintenance plan given that BMW offers 3 years free maintenance plan provided I plan to keep it for at least 10 years/125K miles?
    Is it worth it to go for the extended warranty now given that BMW offers 4 years free warranty provided I plan to keep it for at least 10 years/125K miles??
    What is the best deal you can got on the extended maintenance plan for brand new X3 or BMW?
    What is the best deal you can got on the extended warranty for brand new X3 or BMW

My Cars
    Lexus ES 300
    What does 3 year free maintenance plan from BMW covers and what it does not cover?
    Similarly what does 4 year warranty from BMW covers and what it does not cover?

Please advise or provide any pointers related to it?

Is it ok to take chance for the first three years and then think about the extended maintenance plan during the third year, as I hope to keep the vehicle for at least 10 years/125K miles.

Similarly is it ok to take chance for the first four years and then think about the extended warranty only during the fourth year

Quote Originally Posted by smkuma View Post
    What does 3 year free maintenance plan from BMW covers and what it does not cover?
    Similarly what does 4 year warranty from BMW covers and what it does not cover?

Please advise or provide any pointers related to it?

Is it ok to take chance for the first three years and then think about the extended maintenance plan during the third year, as I hope to keep the vehicle for at least 10 years/125K miles.

Similarly is it ok to take chance for the first four years and then think about the extended warranty only during the fourth year
    It's on the BMW website, or the salesman can give you the current coverage. For example, I was informed recently that they will now change oil at 10k instead of 15: and once every year if it never made it that far in the previous 12 months.
    There is a list of excluded items for the maintenance plan, ask for a copy. Some dealers go above and beyond. One I have bought from will feed me fresh cooked to order breakfast while they wash my car, every day if desired. Thats worth something over 3 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

My Cars
    Lexus ES 300
    It looks like BMW Ultimate Care+ [https://www.bmwofbarrington.com/ultimatecareplus.html] can be added to the build for $600
    amd BMW Ultimate Care+ and BMW Ultimatre Care+1 bundle for $1649.
    How useful you think that will complement the existing 4yr/50K miles free warranty,
    3 yr/30 K miles free maintenance plan that the BMW offers.

My Cars
    Lexus ES 300
    At this point I am not planning to go for extended warranty plan extending free 4 years/50K miles warranty.

However I am planning to go for pre paid maintenance plan... to expand and extend existing free 3 year/36K miles maintenance plan....

I am wondering if I can get a better deal if I negotiate 7 yr/75k miles compared to $3500 quoted for 7 yr/125K miles platinum level maintenance plan.

Please advise.