Thread: Riddle me this - washer fluid issue

My Cars
    E83 LCI 3.0si

Riddle me this - washer fluid issue

Hey all! I was hoping to lean on your expertise to solve a problem. I can’t wrap my head around it. The washer fluid gets depleted every time I turn the car off. It is as if instead of depressurizing and going back into the reservoir, the fluid burbles and leaks out of of one of the two nozzles for the windshield. So strange. I checked the line and couldn’t find any wetness along it. I’m out of ideas! I’ve plugged the line for the headlight washer jets due to hitting a deer last year. This all started with that deer... any ideas?

A kink in the line not allowing fluid return. They still work due to the pressure overcoming the kink for now. Visualize the line from tank to nozzle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E83 LCI 3.0si
    Thank you so much! I truly appreciate the advice. I definitely can visualize the line and imagine a point in it that was impacted by the deer hit. The line is sheathed, but I’ll try to unsheathe it to find a kink.

My Cars
    E83 LCI 3.0si
    You sir have hit the nail on the head. Thanks Dano.

IMG_4959.jpg

IMG_4966.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by e83onstick View Post
    You sir have hit the nail on the head. Thanks Dano.

IMG_4959.jpg

IMG_4966.jpg
    Glad it was easy to spot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E83 LCI 3.0si
    Sorry to revive this thread but the saga continues. After re-plumbing the entire line from the reservoir to both nozzles, it is still dripping out of the driver's side nozzle. I then went ahead and cut power to both pumps to troubleshoot. Lo and behold, the nozzle still leaked!! That is, it leaks after shutting the car off. While running the car, the nozzle doesn't leak. WTF? How, without power, is this happening? The electrical connector was and is still connected to the nozzle itself, but not the pump. Could that be held accountable for continuing to pour fluid all over my hood?

Is the nozzle itself a zombie nozzle? I then took out the elbow connector to the driver's side nozzle, leaving the passenger side in and it's not leaking for now. Could a replacement nozzle fix this? The whole line is now new, I am stumped! Anybody?
    Last edited by e83onstick; 02-12-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Does it still deplete the reservoir like before? Any issue with the rear sprayer?
    Using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E83 LCI 3.0si
    I re-plumbed the back as well, as far as I could go, to the firewall. It was a different tube, not rubber, but plastic. Zero issues with that, but while I was there I went for it. Nothing leaking there! The driver's nozzle depletes like crazy. The passenger nozzle has zero leaking.

Can you pull the fuse for tonight?
    Can you check the resistance after?
    Last edited by dano1200r; 02-12-2018 at 09:09 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

My Cars
    E83 LCI 3.0si
    I certainly can and will =) thank you Dano I appreciate your help.

My Cars
    E83 LCI 3.0si
    Funny thing is, the plastic tube that I showed in photos was the one carrying fluid to the rear nozzle. That's the one with the kink, and I re-plumbed it, however it wasn't leaking. I thought somehow since the system is tangentially connected it could impact the way the fluid carried to the driver's nozzle. It didn't =(

The driver's nozzle had no kinks but I went ahead and replaced it anyway. As soon as I get my multimeter back from my brother I will check the resistance and report back. Thank you again!!