Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's see your junk in your trunk...

My Cars
    525it,02 525it,73 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossagge View Post
    Nice! Can't wait to post a similar pic soon. Mine should be delivered on Mon.
    Thanks, one of the reasons I passed on the seat belts for now. That a surprise Vet bill and I did my taxes,,,ouch.

My Cars
    97 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by danmurphymn View Post

Picked up some free rims! 17's and in decent shape. Not fully sure what I'm going to do with them. I can't fully decide if I want to use them to replace my current summers, style 32's. Thoughts???
    hey Murph!! you probably already have this covered, but what about setting those up as your winter wheel and tire set...? ...open spokes, easy to keep clean...etc...

On a side note, am I seeing that picture of the wagon right ?? it looks like you are running non-staggered 32's (??).

Here is long shot idea. Follow my thoughts here. I used to have non-staggered 66's with sport rubber (think I was running Contisport 3's at the time...) that I ran on my wife's '97 in summer. I worked with a guy that had a staggered set of 66's that he kept when he sold his 540. We traded (even-steven) 2 of my "fronts" for his two "rears" (btw..we could have swapped entire wheel sets but that would have required more mounting/dismounting of rubber...). He and I pitched in on a new set of 235/45/17 winter sneaks, mounted them onto the non-staggered set, then I sold them for descent coin as a winter wheel/tire package (this was theee setup for the M5 guys for sure...). We split the profits. it was definitely enough to cover the snows we bought, plus new 255 rear sports for my now-staggered set of summers....and some beers. We both definitely had money left over to buy beers...

You could fit winters to those freebies and score some cash ?? The planets could align and you find someone that wants to do the same swapperoo with your 32's..? anyways...just a thought...

I'd like better pics of these snows...and maybe you can beat 'em up on price...
    https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/c...506608284.html
    "two wrongs don't make a right...only three lefts do...."
    '79 Euro 635csi - gone and regretting it...
    '89 gsxr-750 - former traffic knife
    '97 528i sedan - holding on strong...(just sold after 16 years of ownership - sad day)
    '03 Euro 525it - something about a famous dolphin.....

'06 Mercury Grand Marquis (don't ask....it gets the job done....)
    '84 Specialized Allez - full Campagnolo Super Record
    '99-ish Cannondale CAAD4
    "Stinky" - Kona Stinky Five
    '86 528e
    2008 E70 X5 3.0

My Cars
    2002 540iT
    Quote Originally Posted by adm750 View Post
    hey Murph!! you probably already have this covered, but what about setting those up as your winter wheel and tire set...? ...open spokes, easy to keep clean...etc...

On a side note, am I seeing that picture of the wagon right ?? it looks like you are running non-staggered 32's (??).

You could fit winters to those freebies and score some cash ?? The planets could align and you find someone that wants to do the same swapperoo with your 32's..? anyways...just a thought...

I'd like better pics of these snows...and maybe you can beat 'em up on price...
    https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/c...506608284.html
    Yeah, I currently have non staggered 32's. I also have a set of winters. These were just given to me for free by a coworkers husband. I don't think he fully understood that e39's have a super special hub bore. After looking into them more last night, they're not the right hub bore.

I love the 32's. But I actually really like the look of these new wheels too. I think they're ASA sport editions but I can't seem to find any specs on them. I love style 32's but I also like the idea of doing something different. And I LOVE the fact that these would be easier to clean.

I'm a business owner, a father of 4 (one being 6 months old) and saving for rental properties so realistically I'm probably going to just stick with the 32's because it's easier and cheaper. I probably won't spend the time getting these wheels setup with spacers, new tires etc. when I'm kinda meh on the wheels in the first place Just can't say no when someone says they'll give you a free set of rims! So I'm not fully sure what I'll do with them. I appreciate the outside of the box ideas!!

My Cars
    2002 540i Touring Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by jp5Touring View Post
    Thanks, one of the reasons I passed on the seat belts for now. That a surprise Vet bill and I did my taxes,,,ouch.
    Haha! Gotcha. I'd do the same if I was in your boots.
    Ed

Keep on modding and fixing!..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12