Good morning folks,

Yesterday I noticed my 2002 530i was running rough at idle when warm. When I started it this morning, it was a pretty rough start, and again, running rough at idle when I stopped at a red light on my way into work. There are no codes or CEL showing currently. I recently replaced the thermostat and water pump two weeks ago, and engine temps are where they need to be (not sure if this is related or not). The car runs fine when I am moving, transmission seems to shift as expected, and its only when I'm stopped is the shaking noticeable.

To sum up, rough cold start, rough idle when warm and stopped, car runs fine during normal driving conditions. Could be a CCV, Vanos, vacuum leak and I've heard other things. The car also has a VF supercharger installed and I'm not sure if that is impacting the rough idle or not. Needless to say, I am taking to a local shop here this weekend to have it properly diagnosed since there are not any codes to lead me in any direction. I will be sure to update this post once I get an update from the shop.

- Brandon