Thread: Boston Green Paint Match

My Cars
    1995 325i

Boston Green Paint Match

Hello all!
    I have been browsing a little bit and like some I am looking to paint match my side skirts and bumper to the rest of the body that is Boston Green on my 1995 325i. (The black skirts and bumper is killing me)
    Has anyone had any experience with ScratchWizard? I have been searching and this seems to be one of the only options without taking it into a shop.
    If any of you guys have experience with paint matching this color I would appreciate some input!
    Sorry in advanced if this should be in a different sections, I am unfamiliar with the forums.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by BOMK; 01-22-2018 at 10:22 PM.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    No, but I noticed that Bavarian Autosport has full size spray cans of OEM BMW colors when I was looking at the catalog they sent with my order today. That might work for you if you are capable of doing a smooth job with cans. I'm not sure if they come with fan nozzle tips. If so a quality spray job can be done.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Since your paint is ~20 years old, you need "faded Boston Green". I would call around to all the paint shops and see who has one of those color scanners, its quick on their part and they can sell you a pint of your exact color.
    Attn. NEWBIES: Use the search feature, 98% has already been discussed.
    Click the search button, select "search single content type", select the "e36 sub forum" specifically, try the "search titles" then try the "search entire posts".

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by BOMK View Post
    Hello all!
    I have been browsing a little bit and like some I am looking to paint match my side skirts and bumper to the rest of the body that is Boston Green on my 1995 325i. (The black skirts and bumper is killing me)
    Has anyone had any experience with ScratchWizard? I have been searching and this seems to be one of the only options without taking it into a shop.
    If any of you guys have experience with paint matching this color I would appreciate some input!
    Sorry in advanced if this should be in a different sections, I am unfamiliar with the forums.
    Thanks!
    Paint code BMW 275 Boston Green

Get like 2 pints single stage, that way you don't have to clear coat.

With the BG Metallic, the more you spray the darker it gets. You will more than likely need a minimum of 4 coats to achieve the full color depth

either way will still look good

thanks

My Cars
    97' m52 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by 328iFun View Post
    Paint code BMW 275 Boston Green

Get like 2 pints single stage, that way you don't have to clear coat.

With the BG Metallic, the more you spray the darker it gets. You will more than likely need a minimum of 4 coats to achieve the full color depth

either way will still look good

thanks
    Or you could always scuff the entire car (if clear is good) and respray

My Cars
    E36
    Go to a paint shop and have them color match with their camera...that's what I've done with (with both Avus and Granite Silver).

Oh, one time I did go to the same shop, and got two cans of Boston Green (for side skirts) that were just matched from their paint books (they have for most vehicles). I haven't gotten them on the car yet but it looked like a decent match as is.
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    03 525it/5, 1967 GTO
    Go here. Very close match based on BMW color codes. I wouldn’t use it on a body panel and would instead color match at paint shop, but for bumpers and side skirts it should be fine. I used the spray cans on my gray lower bumpers and it turned out pretty well for a non-body guy. They have the fan spray nozzles too and paint sticks which are nice for touching up rock chips. If you have a good compressor and an hvlp gun you can probably get a better application with their pints.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

My Cars
    1995 325i
    Sorry for the late response. Thanks everyone for all the advice! I really appreciate it!