Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: fiber optic cable

My Cars
    1997 540I

fiber optic cable

I purchased a Sirius radio on ebay. I got the software installed however remotely. However after installation, SAT shows up on my display however it is grey. He stated that it has something to do with my fiber optic cable. I thought this was a plug in play system, much do my surprise, I was wrong. Does anyone now about fiber optic? Where is it located and is it a DIY?

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    I recommend you send a message to DennisCooper. He owns an E39 and is the audio expert.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

Thanks for the recommendation Marco !!!

Garner13, I'm over in the UK and whenever I am over in the USA and hire a car to drive in, I always ask for one with Sirius/XM radio built in to the audio system as I find it's a fantastic service !

We don't get it over here, it's a USA only system. Find out the model of the radio you purchased and contact the manufacturer or any authorised dealers who should be able to tell you what you need to know and how to resolve etc.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    1997 540I
    I think I am getting close to getting this resolved. However can anyone tell me the best way to remove the fiber optic cable from the slot. I used a small screwdriver however I do not know if it was smaller enough and a paper clip. I have not had any success from removing cable from the slot. I do not want to break the wire but there has to be a better and/or easier way to remove the fiber optic cable. Any advice would be appreciated.

My Cars
    1997 540I
    Does anyone know if there is a special tool or the best way to remove the fiber optic cable from the MOST BUS Loop. I tried a small screwdriver but I may have been doing it wrong. I do not want to break the fiber optic cable.
    fiber optic cables.jpg
    Last edited by garner13; 02-10-2018 at 06:48 AM.

My Cars
    1997 540I
    Does anyone have detail instruction on how to move the fiber optic cable so my Sirius SAT will work. I was told by Bimmer Tech to look for a light. The light only flash for a few seconds and I will need someone to start the car while I am looking for the light. I have been working on this for a while and I have not seen any light.

One MOST BUS have 3 cables slots 1-3 and the other single slot have just one cable in slot 1.

I move cables on one side from slot 1-3 to slot 2-4 and the other side I changed slot 2-3 to 3-4.

I took one of the single slot to slot one on the multi cable slot one and the other to slot 2.

The SAT still did not work nor would the car start. I put everything back to the original setting and the car started.

I really need help with this or do anyone know an authorized dealer other than the BMW dealership in NC that can do this for me?

2009e60FO.jpg