Thread: can BMW Coolant be mixed with small amounts of . . .

My Cars
    1998 328i

can BMW Coolant be mixed with small amounts of . . .

Prestone left in the engine by not
    draining the engine from the bolt on the bottom ?' I will drain from the radiator

thanks

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    don't worry. got this from Prestone site: Some European automobile manufacturers request that a phosphate-free antifreeze be used in their vehicles. This issue is related to the extremely high mineral content of the water in Europe. If you were to mix an antifreeze that contained phosphates with the type of water they have in Europe, it may produce deposits that can settle in the cooling system and promote corrosion. However, in North America we do not have this type of water problem. Typical North American coolants have contained phosphates (which is part of the corrosion inhibitor package) for many years. Therefore, the question of phosphates is a non-issue here in North America. PrestoneŽ Antifreeze/Coolant is completely safe for use in both foreign and domestic vehicles. For those consumers who would feel more comfortable using a phosphate-free antifreeze, our PrestoneŽ Extended Life 50/50 Antifreeze/Coolant is phosphate, silicate, and borate free. This coolant uses a special chemistry and technology that extends the life of the corrosion inhibitor package so that it lasts for five years or 150,000 miles (whichever comes first), and is safe for all cars and light trucks (old or new). PrestoneŽ Extended Life 50/50 Antifreeze/Coolant has been approved by General Motors under their DEX-COOLŽ specifications and is compatible with other DEX-COOLŽ approved coolants. * DEX-COOLŽ is a registered trademark of General Motors Corporation.

long erm experience https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...-50-antifreeze

Can I add Prestone antifreeze/coolant to other coolants?
    Yes. Prestone’s Coolant/Antifreeze is guaranteed to be compatible with all cars, vans or light trucks. Thanks to its unique and patented formula, Prestone Coolant/Antifreeze remains the only coolant on the market that can be mixed with another product within the cooling system without causing damage. That means there’s no need to flush your car’s cooling system before adding Prestone Coolant/Antifreeze; simply pour the product into your coolant reservoir – it’s that simple.
    When adding Prestone, it is important to ensure the engine has cooled before unscrewing the cap of the expansion tank as the coolant operates at around 90°C. After filling with Prestone, make sure that the cap of the expansion tank is replaced and tightened.
    Choose Prestone’s innovative Coolant/Antifreeze, and not only will you have a high performance coolant capable of protecting your engine in all extremes – you can add it to your vehicle yourself in less than a minute. Our Ready to Use Coolant/Antifreeze formula can be added directly to your engine’s cooling system from the bottle, without the need to dilute or pre-mix. The 1 litre bottle has an easy pour spout, and the coolant itself will work in any car, van or light truck, guaranteed.
    Coolant/Antifreeze is formulated to offer a simple solution to topping up your cooling system. For more information on Coolant/Antifreeze, view the product page or visit our Contact Us page to ask us a question.
    https://www.holtsauto.com/prestone/s...lant-coolants/
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    You don’t have to use BMW fluid. Zerex G05 is a very close match.

My Cars
    1998 328i
    Hey Thanks !

BTW i noticed the BMW coolant and very small amounts of lye; most likely
    to counteract acids that build up in the engine

Just be careful using it. Use protective glasses.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...SABEgLYp_D_BwE