Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clutch in to shift and car revs up?! Also throttle holds.

My Cars
    '91 525i (5sp)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmile46 View Post
    Welp it is with great embarrassment that I have found the issue to my problem, and like eddycooper stated it was the damned floor mat resting on the very edge of the gas pedal. Oem floor mat! Not heavy rubber either. The pedal still totally needs an overall because it is sticky and weak, but now that the floor mat is out no more issue! Thanks to everyone who helped. I will take all your advice to refurb my gas pedal soon!
    It might be a relatively common problem... I also have OEM mats, and yeah, they sit stupidly close to the pedal, but glad you had the issue sorted out. And not to hijack the thread, but it reminds me of a time I was driving an '80s ZX, and the heavy rubber mat got stuck with the gas pedal at high speed for at least a minute or so... Rubber mat went in the trashcan that very same day!

My Cars
    2003.5 E46 M3, 1992 e34
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chauffeur View Post
    It might be a relatively common problem... I also have OEM mats, and yeah, they sit stupidly close to the pedal, but glad you had the issue sorted out. And not to hijack the thread, but it reminds me of a time I was driving an '80s ZX, and the heavy rubber mat got stuck with the gas pedal at high speed for at least a minute or so... Rubber mat went in the trashcan that very same day!
    They do sit super close. I thought mine wasn’t an original mat or something. But Now that’s scary!!

My Cars
    hiss by my window

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    '91 525i (5sp)
    Quote Originally Posted by ross1 View Post
    My car had the click-style holders before, and I recently changed to the ones you posted; the mat still sits at the same distance from the pedal, but at least it doesn't get loose anymore.

My Cars
    2003.5 E46 M3, 1992 e34
    Im thinking my mat isn’t original. Because it is literally too big to fit unless it sits on gas pedal. The seat brackets itself block it from moving any further back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12