Thread: Malfunctioned sword or not?

My Cars
    e32 inline-6

Malfunctioned sword or not?

Hello,

I've tried to search here and on google about this issue but I haven't found anything -- maybe I just suck at researching? However...
    Lately (past 2 months or so) my heater blower (the one that's hidden behind the expansion tank) stops working by itself.

At first it stopped working every once in a while but lately it has been stopping every 5 minutes of driving, until car engine is at 90c,
    and even at 90c it tends to stop every 15minutes of driving/idling. Basically the colder the car/engine is (it's -10c where I live, but this
    did occur also when it was still +-0c) the sooner it stops working, but also stops working when engine is warm so I doubt the problem
    lays there?

So basically, when the blower stops working, you have to shut down the car and restart the car, and that SOMETIMES fixes it. Sometimes
    you have to restart electricity/car 2-3-4 times before it starts working again JUST TO SHUT DOWN AGAIN very soon after.

What I've tried/checked/done:
    1) Tried another heat control unit
    2) Checked sword's plugs and wires anywhere near it (+ replugged sword to its place)
    3) Checked fuses and relays plus fusebox platform (voltages seem to be fine)

None of the buttons work or start it, not defrost, A/C, whatnot.

FAR AS I'VE UNDERSTOOD sword only controls the blowers' air level, but could it also cause it to stop working?

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Maybe a problem with the blower fan, you can test it from the pins on the wire loom/plug which goes onto the sword .
    the SWORD has a 5 pin connector
    Pin 1 connector for the potentiometer for speed regulation at the control panel.
    Pin 2 power supply
    Pin 3: the relay get's contact when the blower fan potentiometer is adjusted, 12 volts come on.
    Pin 4 is ground
    Pin 5 the cable/wire from the blower fan.

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/426626/
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!