Thread: Newly Stage 2 AA Supercharged Estoril/Dove Houston Tx

My Cars
    97 M3 Estoril on Dove

Newly Stage 2 AA Supercharged Estoril/Dove Houston Tx

YCJE7262.jpgIBJG1875.jpg
    Disclaimer: This is my first "real" post on this forum. I'm not sure if the images will show up properly or be small or anything else.

I bought my car back in Oct. of 2016. It had 89k miles on it and had spent most of its life in Indiana. I purchased it from a guy who moved to Dallas and was selling off his collection (e36,e92,1m) for the purpose of buying a Porsche GT3. The car was completly stock but super clean. For year I had been scouring the internet for this exact car to come up for sale. Dove vaders, estoril blue, low miles, get in an go car. I was all about the instant gratification. And I was not dissapointed. This was the first e36 m3, and the first e36 I had ever sat in for that matter. Where I grew up (Central/Northern Michigan) these cars just didn't exist. The drive home from buying the car I understood what the "ultimate driving machine" hype was all about. This thing handles like it's on rails.

Well I drove it for a couple weeks and the cindarella story started to wear off. "This car is too quiet." "Why isn't it quicker in a straight line." "Why does my key turn freely sometimes when I start it?" "Why did my blinker just fly out?!?" hahaha I began to experience all fo the #e36life problems I had read about for so long on forums. All these aside the car had still be great fun and reliable (knock on wood) but I got the modding bug.

First off I made sure to get the exterior up to par with the rest of the car. I had all the window moldings replaced (don't ever damage the driver side one... you may never get a new one). Then I got a new louder catback exhaust. Then I got the suspension sorted out. New bushings, camber arms, shocks, etc etc. I wanted to go for an oem+ style build. I wanted the car to look and feel brand new but.. vastly improved. After getting the cooling system fully upgraded, clutch, flywheel etc etc There was only one thing to do. Boooooost

Around 2004 I discovered the Teckademics Mischief DVD's. Dado's Active Autowerkes turbo M3 blew my mind. I thought it was the greatest thing on 4 wheels. (hence my love and decade long quest for my e36) That was it. I wanted an AA boosted e36. I decided to go with a supercharger setup however simply for reliablilty. I've seen, heard and have experienced too many turbo car problems that I didn't want to deal with it. In my personal life I need a "get in and go" fun car. I just don't have time for a "constantly under the knife" project. Turbo's are fun but this is my reasoning. Maybe in a future life when I have more personal time I'll go turbo.

So all that aside this is where I ended up. For now. I have Swaintech White Lightning ceramic coated AA long tube headers on order that will be installed in a couple months. I'm looking forward to the decreased underhood temps. I have yet to dyno the car as it sits because I"ve been busy. But on the N/A motor with UUC Lightweight flywheel, AA track pipe, AA Gen 3 exhaust I got 207-221 HP (two different dynos). Also ties... That's a major need. I have no traction in 1st or 2nd lol.

For more pics.
    Instagram: @shug_e_duz_it

Build thus far: (may have forgotten some things)
    Active Autowerke Gen 3 cat back exhaust
    Active Autowerke Catless track pipe
    Active Autowerke Long Tube Race Headers w/ SwainTech White Lighting Ceramic Coat
    Active Autowerke Rear Diff Support Brace
    Active Autowerke Stage 2 Supercharger Kit
    UUC M5 Kevlar Clutch and lightweight flywheel
    Stewert Water Pump
    Silicone Coolant hoses
    OEM BMW coolant resivor/cap/sensor
    OEM BMW thermostat housing
    new thermostat
    New fan clutch
    new fan blade
    S54 3-core radiator
    New BMW OEM tie-rods
    ACS front strut brace
    Turner Adjustable Street Camber Arms
    New OEM lower control arm bushings
    KONI SA shocks - on stock springs
    Heavy Duty Rear shock mounts
    New rear wheel bearings
    M50 Manifold - Turner M50 Conversion Kit
    Tainik wrapped Euro Wheel
    CD43 - Range Rover CD player
    New shifter Detents

My Cars
    AA turbo 332i
    Beautiful car, and welcome from ATX! You won’t find much supercharger love around here any more lol but I can totally understand your perspective. Can’t say my car hasn’t been a constant project but sure is fun to drive a boosted e36

1995 325i | OBD1 S52 | S50 cams | AA Turbo TD06 20g / 42lb / Porsche maf | .140 MLS | F1 s3 clutch | Ultimate SSK | AKG 75D subframe/diff bushings | 3.23 LSD | Powerflex LCAB/RTAB | e46 fca | Raceland coils | BMP rear arms | DEPO HID | AEM Failsafe | Aeromotive FPR | Walbo 255 | 3" Magnaflow muffler/cat/res | 17x8.5/9.5" 225/45 & 255/40

My Cars
    97 M3 Estoril on Dove
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjjj View Post
    Beautiful car, and welcome from ATX! You won’t find much supercharger love around here any more lol but I can totally understand your perspective. Can’t say my car hasn’t been a constant project but sure is fun to drive a boosted e36
    Thanks man. I know a few e36 guys over in Austin that have bad ass rides. Over here in Housto we have a pretty big e36 scene. It’s great. We throw e36 meets a few times a year. Get on Facebook and join the “Texas E36’s Club” We plan events through that. Hit me up on insta and I can get you in contact with those other other austin guys (avus N/A build, and an estoril with m-rain/apex arc8s) Cool guys. Yall need to throw an Austin meet for us Houstom guys to come to.

My Cars
    AA turbo 332i
    Thanks! I just requested to join. We have meets here but not so many e36 around, just a handful here and in SA plus a few drifters. Most around here seems to have 335’s, which I do enjoy messing with on the streets lol

1995 325i | OBD1 S52 | S50 cams | AA Turbo TD06 20g / 42lb / Porsche maf | .140 MLS | F1 s3 clutch | Ultimate SSK | AKG 75D subframe/diff bushings | 3.23 LSD | Powerflex LCAB/RTAB | e46 fca | Raceland coils | BMP rear arms | DEPO HID | AEM Failsafe | Aeromotive FPR | Walbo 255 | 3" Magnaflow muffler/cat/res | 17x8.5/9.5" 225/45 & 255/40

My Cars
    VW R32t
    I've got a TV AA stg2 myself here in Houston, never do any meets or anything though.

My Cars
    99 M3 cpe;15 Avalon Ltd.
    Congrats and welcome! There are some of us who will give you SC love Great setup there, once you get the headers on you should be in the 380 whp range on a dynojet, and if you add cams you should be at about 400 whp (I assume you have a C38-81 kit?). For all the negativity with the SC kits for these cars, I have no regrets and hopefully you won't either. It's still a very fast car. I love the way it makes power, stock power curve just MUCH MUCH more power. Very fun to rev out. Are you looking into meth? That's something I would like to do, I was hoping this spring but house hunting may push that back possibly into next spring. Hope to see more posts and impressions with this car and very happy to see another SC's E36 M3
    MODS: AA SC'D Rotrex C38-92 Stage 2 (60# injectors)==M50 Manifold==Snow Performance Stage 2.5 Meth Kit==Schrick 264/256 Cams==AA Ceramic Coated Headers==AA Trackpipe==Eisenmann Race 2x76==Clutch Master FX250 Clutch==Euro Oil Cooler==MANN Provent 200 Crankcase Catch Can==AA DSB== X-Brace==ZKW 6000K HID FX-R retrofit with Orion V2 L.E.D. Angel Eyes==Euro clear signals and tail lights==M-Tech Pedals and E-Brake==BBS RGR Diamond Black 17x8; 17x9 staggered==Leather Z Gauge Kit (oil temp, oil press, voltage)==Rally Road Guage Pod (steering wheel mounted with AEM AFR guage and Prosport boost gauge)==Cut-ring head gasket==Head refresh done by Autohead Performance==KW V2 Coilover Kit

Current with 85mm pulley and meth: 450 whp 365 wtq @ 13 psi on a Dynojet at Performance Eurowerks in Buffalo Grove, IL.
    Previous: AA Mustang Dyno Tuned in Miami, FL @ 10 psi on 93 pump made 392whp 325wtq (
    Performance Eurowerks Dynojet in Buffalo Grove, IL was 410 whp and 325 wtq @ 10 psi)

My Cars
    01 M5, 02 330ci, 03 M3
    Very nice, very clean. Nice ride, man! Also shout out from Houston as well!

My Cars
    97 M3 Estoril on Dove
    Quote Originally Posted by fattycharged View Post
    I've got a TV AA stg2 myself here in Houston, never do any meets or anything though.
    What?? why not?? Get on Facebook and join the "Texas E36's Club" group. There's a bunch of us in there. We have e36 specific meets a few times a year. The last one we had was about a 20 car turnout. It's crazy how many clean e36's there are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by abradic View Post
    Congrats and welcome! There are some of us who will give you SC love Great setup there, once you get the headers on you should be in the 380 whp range on a dynojet, and if you add cams you should be at about 400 whp (I assume you have a C38-81 kit?). For all the negativity with the SC kits for these cars, I have no regrets and hopefully you won't either. It's still a very fast car. I love the way it makes power, stock power curve just MUCH MUCH more power. Very fun to rev out. Are you looking into meth? That's something I would like to do, I was hoping this spring but house hunting may push that back possibly into next spring. Hope to see more posts and impressions with this car and very happy to see another SC's E36 M3
    Thanks man! Yeah I hit you up about yours a couple times on your build page. Your car is bad ass!!! I can't wait to get mine on a dyno. I'm waiting for TX2K to come around and there will be a ton of cheap dyno nights all over the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeko View Post
    Very nice, very clean. Nice ride, man! Also shout out from Houston as well!
    Thanks! You ever hit up any meets? On any Facebook pages?

My Cars
    01 M5, 02 330ci, 03 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by htxestorilm3 View Post
    Thanks! You ever hit up any meets? On any Facebook pages?
    Trying to join the E36 club page but I don't know the answer to the question, LOL. Didn't know the M3s had a nick name.

My Cars
    99 M3 cpe;15 Avalon Ltd.
    Quote Originally Posted by htxestorilm3 View Post
    Thanks man! Yeah I hit you up about yours a couple times on your build page. Your car is bad ass!!! I can't wait to get mine on a dyno. I'm waiting for TX2K to come around and there will be a ton of cheap dyno nights all over the city.
    Ah yes, I see the PM from last June about if I was on instagram...sorry I couldn't remember It's great to see you were able to add a SC kit to the car, and it looks like you have a few people close to you to meet up with which is awesome! Definitely post up some #'s when you have them, but more importantly ENJOY your car! BTW, is TX2K that Texas mile run? That would be a great event to see how you do through the 1/4, 1/2, and mile.
    Last edited by abradic; 01-28-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    MODS: AA SC'D Rotrex C38-92 Stage 2 (60# injectors)==M50 Manifold==Snow Performance Stage 2.5 Meth Kit==Schrick 264/256 Cams==AA Ceramic Coated Headers==AA Trackpipe==Eisenmann Race 2x76==Clutch Master FX250 Clutch==Euro Oil Cooler==MANN Provent 200 Crankcase Catch Can==AA DSB== X-Brace==ZKW 6000K HID FX-R retrofit with Orion V2 L.E.D. Angel Eyes==Euro clear signals and tail lights==M-Tech Pedals and E-Brake==BBS RGR Diamond Black 17x8; 17x9 staggered==Leather Z Gauge Kit (oil temp, oil press, voltage)==Rally Road Guage Pod (steering wheel mounted with AEM AFR guage and Prosport boost gauge)==Cut-ring head gasket==Head refresh done by Autohead Performance==KW V2 Coilover Kit

Current with 85mm pulley and meth: 450 whp 365 wtq @ 13 psi on a Dynojet at Performance Eurowerks in Buffalo Grove, IL.
    Previous: AA Mustang Dyno Tuned in Miami, FL @ 10 psi on 93 pump made 392whp 325wtq (
    Performance Eurowerks Dynojet in Buffalo Grove, IL was 410 whp and 325 wtq @ 10 psi)