Thread: Do not buy from partscontainer

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows

Do not buy from partscontainer

This seller on many online sales is a crook!
    Bought a full set of standard conrod bearings for 6 cylinders for $40. That's with a bountiful more than 50%+ off sale. This, after carefully recognising it was A full set of 12, and on massive sale. A week and a half later I received 1 shell with a red paint mark.
    I immediately made a case and asked for a return address and said I did not mind paying the return shipping given my order was sent asap. The seller then apologized and said a bunch of flattery. Waited a day and said the description was obviously wrong. Said it would come right away and did not send me a return address. He waited a day to tell me there's only for 3 cylinders. Obviously I knew he was lying as similar race bearing sets are a full set and only at about $140 found many places and he again ignored a return address. He again waited a day and told me I either had to buy again and wait for the return label or wait for the return label to come and wait for my refund At about 3 weeks away.

I'm sending a legitimate bill for my time lost due to their grossly misleading advertisement which when looking at was probably purposeful shark of my money. I encourage anyone else to do the same. This company does NOT deserve business.
    Nobody would recertify these machines after somebody screwed with them without any visibility into what they did.

HONK! HONK! Clown car coming through!

-Oakdizzle

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    They just managed to send me a return address in an email.. Not a return package... I guess they think its my fault and I have to pay the shipping, restock fee. They are really newparts.com... Complete scumbags.
    Nobody would recertify these machines after somebody screwed with them without any visibility into what they did.

HONK! HONK! Clown car coming through!

-Oakdizzle

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Do you have ebay or paypal protection? Credit card protection? You shouldn't have to pay to ship it back if it was falsely advertised, or you didn't receive what you paid for.
    Attn. NEWBIES: Use the search feature, 98% has already been discussed.
    Click the search button, select "search single content type", select the "e36 sub forum" specifically, try the "search titles" then try the "search entire posts".

My Cars
    1993 325is
    I have purchased a 1/2 dozen times or more from Partscontainer through ebay and every single one of the transactions has been absolutely perfect. And their prices were the best in each and every case.

My Cars
    e87
    I just had a horrible experience with Partscontainer or (new-part.com) on Ebay. Just left the following 80 character feedback that summarizes my story below:
    ½BMWkitWrongPartsPaid$85toReinstall.See ratings BBB/Yelp/Bimmerforums/Bimmerfest

To quickly summarize, they shipped an e39 BMW brake/rotor kit in a large shipping box and two of the rotors turned out to be for a different BMW. I found that out after the mechanic had finished replacing the front brake pads/sensors/rotors and had just completed the rear brake pads/sensors. I contacted the seller, but they wanted proof. I sent pics of the wrong rotors, then had to wait for approval for the RMA, since they only gave me one RMA & I had two smaller rotors boxes and refused to give me a 2nd RMA for two separate boxes. They wanted me to obtain my own large box to ship it back and even told me to see if I could get one from Fedex. I finally managed to get one & then had to wait a long time to process the return and offer to send the right parts. Once I got the right parts, I went back to the mechanic and was charged an additional $85 to install the correct rotors.

I contacted the seller and explained about the extra expense I incurred as a result of their error. The offered me a measly $15 credit, I asked for half of my extra labor costs, gave me the runaround and didn't end up paying any courtesy credit even though they admitted the mistake was made on their part. I have all the messages on Ebay, but would spare you with their BS. Their toll free number is a waste of time as they promise to call you back within an hour and never do. I contacted Ebay and soon after a manager left me a voice mail on my home number (not sure where they got that since I only used my cell number) admitting the mistake and alluding to a more fair credit. After more messages/voice mails, I got another runaround response stating they are not going to offer $85. I was only seeking some sort of credit as a matter of principle, but the time that was wasted dealing with them wasn't worth it and just proved that having 716k+/99% ebay sales means you don't have to right a wrong when it happens.

P.S. I had made 2 prior purchases with the same seller for more common parts with no problems.

Shot with M1 at 2009-11-07

My Cars
    2000 ant met 540 sport
    I love parts container. I buy from them any chance i get.
    my signature? hmm...

MINIz guy is offline #buttstuff2k14 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    rolls coal
    I buy from partscontainer/newparts on eBay a lot. Very competitive prices and I always end up getting what is advertised.

My Cars
    2004 Beetle
    I will agree with this comment... I am in the middle of trying to get them to complete an order...It's been two weeks now. Ebay is also trying to get them to resolve the issue. They prefer to stall and strong arm the situation , instead of just simply correcting it and move forward. They offer a kit, except it is packaged with the individual items that are hand picked by someone. They forgot to put one of the pieces in the shipment. And here we are.. WAITING to get them to ship the (1) missing piece. It is now ridiculous... The person who keeps messaging me is Anthony. What a Jerk...Even Ebay is NOT PLEASED with their response to the simple situation.. So we will see. But I do AGREE...DO NOT BUY from them, even if it means paying a little more elsewhere...

My Cars
    1999 BMW 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderg0d View Post
    They just managed to send me a return address in an email.. Not a return package... I guess they think its my fault and I have to pay the shipping, restock fee. They are really newparts.com... Complete scumbags.
    I have been buying from both Newparts and parts container for years and never have a single issues. In fact I trusted them so much, I will ask for their opinion on several part issues for MB S500, GL450, BMW E60, F10 & X6 E71.
    Sorry for your experience
    Last edited by jam2reggae; 08-03-2023 at 08:58 PM.