BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 2003 E39 525iT Sport Package Manual Trans 94kmi FS (Maybe)- NJ

My Cars
    E30 M3

2003 E39 525iT Sport Package Manual Trans 94kmi FS (Maybe)- NJ

I am thinking about selling my Silver 2003 BMW E39 525iT (wagon). It has grey interior, and is a Manual Trans car (5 speed) with sports package from the factory. I absolutely adore this car, which I feel fortunate to have found here on Bimmerforums a few years ago.

I am thinking about replacing it with something else, as I have owned the car for 7 years, and have taken meticulous care of it, and have (and do) enjoy it immensely. I guess I'm just "testing the waters" as they say, to see how much interest there would be in this car from the BMW community.

The car has about 94,000 miles on it, and it is stored indoors always. It has a clean carfax, and already had the cooling system replaced (preventatively- radiator, overflow tank, water pump, coolant, belts, tensioners, all hoses, and fan/clutch replaced (about 5,000 miles ago). I of course have replaced all of the fluids routinely (engine oil, trans, diff oil, brake fluid) as well as the filters (air, oil, fuel, HVAC), spark plugs, all shocks as well as the rear air suspension (one of the bags developed a leak, so I replaced them both with OEM sport air suspension parts purchased from the dealership). The brakes have been replaced, as well as any suspension bushings that needed to be replaced. The car also has newer performance tires mounted on the stock BMW Sport Style 122 (Daisy) wheels, and would come with a set of Blizzak snow tires on OEM BMW 2-piece Style 71 wheels (the snow tires are older, and I have not used them in several years since I have use of a winter car, so I do not use this car in the snow). The previous owner indicated that he had a B&M short shift kit installed, with which I have never had a problem, but the throws are not especially short or heavy. The car is otherwise stock, and everything works (no dead pixels in any of the displays, the AC works, etc). The car has the stock stereo but has a Bavarian Soundworks subwoofer and an amp in the car (it was there when I purchased the car, and really sounds great).

This car is perfectly reliable and is the epitome of a "station wagon" in my opinion. I'm not completely convinced I want to sell it, but I thought I'd see what folks here think it's worth, and if anyone is interested in making an offer.

For some reason, I cannot include pictures in this post, so please email me for pictures at bmwmst3k@hotmail.com

My Cars
    E30 M3
    I should add to the above that I have many other parts and maintenance procedures in the last 2 years (including a new Interstate battery, new front strut mounts (plus an alignment (done at the local BMW dealership, since they are the only place around that has the proper alignment machine for an E39). I replaced the center arm rest with the European version (which adds a small storage bin) and added an OEM fold-out cup holder to the center bin as well. The car has 4 black OEM BMW floormats (which I purchased new at the local dealership, and adds a bit of contrast) but I think I have the original grey mats somewhere. The car also has OEM BMW all-weather mats installed throughout the car (including the rear hatch). I also upgraded the Bluetooth electronics to a later version BMW ULF Bluetooth computer, so the system pairs to modern phones, and works as it should with the steering wheel-mounted controls. I work from home and drive this car sparingly. I rent cars for work-related trips, so the miles will go up, but slowly.
    Last edited by mzdrati; 01-18-2018 at 04:53 PM.

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Emailed

My Cars
    1998 328i sedan
    What are you looking to get for it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by s14Drifterx View Post
    squirt a little oil in da whole ,,, should make it perfect had the same issue..lol
    2001 E39 530I
    2002 Ram 2500 CTD
    1998 Ram 3500 CTD
    1998 Benz E300 3.0TD
    1993 Benz 300D 2.5TD Forsale

My Cars
    '01 525i, 93 MX-5 autox
    Oh my, emailing for pics... need to get back into the BMW game
    KEVIN
    BMW CCA # 416146

Current 2001 525i-5 / 234,000 Miles
    ///M Weighted Shift knob.
    CD43 with AUX retrofit + Bluebus
    Auto Dimming Mirror upgrade
    H&R Sport / Koni STR.T
    OEM Xenon HID Retrofit

The Ex- 2000 540i-6 / 82,xxx miles to 186,xxx miles
    CDV Free, 545i Shifter and ///M Weighted Shift knob.
    Member of DSC Module Failure Club $$