Thread: The end of my 325is :(

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325is

The end of my 325is 😞

Today was a bad day. My pride and joy is no more. This morning I had the bad luck of being in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Two people had decided cleaning the ice off their windshields wasn’t worth the time, the sun created a glare where they couldn’t see and they swerved into each other, I was behind them and I didn’t see it coming and couldn’t react in time.

Luckily, I was not at fault and don’t have to pay a dime. Unluckily, I’m pretty certain the insurance company will call it totaled and give me a very sad payout for what it’s really worth to me.

But I’m determined to stay with a BMW. I came across a CPO 2014 320i xDrive with 44k miles, 1 year left on warranty, for $19,987. Going to go check it out some time this week. One door closes, and another opens I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Grauhund; 01-17-2018 at 11:51 PM.
    '95 325is in semi-rare Arctic Gray, clears, some ///M ​parts, and much more to come!

My Build Thread

My Cars
    2003 E46 M3 / E30 Vert
    Sorry to here that mate, Best of luck! Not going to hop into another E36?

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty S50 View Post
    Sorry to here that mate, Best of luck! Not going to hop into another E36?
    I don’t think so. Mine was fun all he while I’ve had it but I really hit the lottery with it. Previous one owner and had a lot of work done on it before I purchased it back in 2013. Only thing I’ve really done is a ZF swap and some cosmetics with no other issues! But I’d rather upgrade while I’m at it. Maybe I can come across another E36 at some point in the future, I’d love to have another.

'95 325is in semi-rare Arctic Gray, clears, some ///M ​parts, and much more to come!

My Build Thread

My Cars
    Avus Cosmos Calypso!
    if front rails are undamaged repair it. Have the car towed to your house while you wait and negotiate settlement. Insurance companies will lowball you. Get ready to provide documents and comparable examples online. I fought Geico for 4 months and got more than double their first offer.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Looks imminently repairable to me. Parts cars with good front ends and overheated engines are cheap.

My Cars
    E36
    Sad to see! I'm up in Peoria...today was a tough day with sun/glare in the am. I get blinded for a mile everyday. I can't believe someone driving without defrosting first :o

Wish I had some parts for you or the cash to offer to buy it for parts, but a bit tight right now
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    Looks imminently repairable to me. Parts cars with good front ends and overheated engines are cheap.
    I didn’t really get to check out a whole lot of it for myself, the insurance company also hasn’t sent out an agent to look at anything yet and the towing company only allowed me to get my belongings out. The radiator was punctured and the fan destroyed, no idea what else happened inside or with the frame or suspension. I know it doesn’t look too bad from the pictures but I just don’t know. The body panels would need replaced and painted, not a whole lot you can hammer out with those. Glass headlight was crushed as well. Unfortunately my money and living situation right now wouldn’t allow me the time to fix it like that either, so I’ll have to get something and pay monthly. I love the car but I just don’t think I’ve got the time.

My Build Thread

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Moron95M3 View Post
    Sad to see! I'm up in Peoria...today was a tough day with sun/glare in the am. I get blinded for a mile everyday. I can't believe someone driving without defrosting first :o

Wish I had some parts for you or the cash to offer to buy it for parts, but a bit tight right now
    It was great fun car while it lasted, it never let me down. Thought I’d have it long enough to take care of for a long time but shit happens.

I appreciate the thought though, I’d love for some miracle to happen haha.

My Build Thread

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325is
    If anyone would be interested in a ZHP weighted shift knob it’s being used as a paper weight right now.

My Build Thread

My Cars
    94 325is
    I’m interested in the ZHP knob. And those front clear corners if they are OEM and ok.
    Last edited by shogun; 04-06-2023 at 06:08 PM. Reason: phone no. removed

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Santoro View Post
    I’m interested in the ZHP knob. And those front clear corners if they are OEM and ok. 215-284-5812
    I don't think the front corner lights made it.

My Cars
    1992 325is
    I'd probably give you whatever the insurance companies first offer is ( if you were closer )
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    '92 325is
    '17 Mustang GT for a Daily
    -------------------------------------------------------------

My Cars
    1995 540i & 1996 328i
    Yo

- - - Updated - - -

My E36 just got wrecked I'm in Chicago take the front off mine ��

My Cars
    01 M5, 02 330ci, 03 M3
    If you still have the knob PM me, I'm interested

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyj View Post
    Yo

- - - Updated - - -

My E36 just got wrecked I'm in Chicago take the front off mine ��
    This should happen...

Two IL guys, building one E36 together, with the power of Bimmerforums. Sounds cute right?
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    1997 328is, 1995 540i
    I just bought a car that has almost as bad of front end damage. There is like 1/8th inch of crumple on the ends of the frame rails but that is it. The bumper posts are just compressed. All you gotta look for is where the frame meets up with the metal strip in front of the radiator. If anything, buy it back from the insurance and sell it as a parts donor, then profit another couple hundred.