I'm new to BMW ownership and new to the forum, so don't give me too much of a hard time. I've done a ton of searching on this forum and others and have found some info, but thought I'd describe my problem exactly. Recently purchased a 2006 325i for my daughter. This morning the temp was in the single digits so I went out to get it warmed up. Inserted key, put my foot on the brake, pushed the start/stop button, and it would not turn over. The radio, lights and a few of the dash lights will come on then everything shuts off and I get the warning light pictured below.

After researching this fine forum, I try resetting the computer by disconnecting the negative side on the battery and leaving for about two hours before reconnecting. Same issue. I then disconnect the IBS cable. Same issue. Thinking maybe its the battery, I pull it and take to my local parts shop and it tests fine. Reinstall battery.......same issue. Here's a fun fact: About two days after purchasing the vehicle the battery goes bad, so I run down to my Autozone and they sell me a new battery. After dog cussing the BMW battery engineering and getting it installed, the car starts up and runs fine for five months up until now. After my extensive research I'm finding that the battery needs to be registered.

I'm seeing this could be a starter problem or a problem with a steering column sensor? I'm assuming the warning light picture below would indicate a steering column sensor issue? I've also seen the CAS module could be the issue or maybe a brake switch?

Also, in its current state, the car will not steer or go into neutral. How can I get the sumbitch to move so I can get it on my trailer if I need to get it somewhere? Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.