Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please for the love of all that is sacred...banjo fuel distributor wur lines

My Cars
    1977 320i

Please for the love of all that is sacred...banjo fuel distributor wur lines

Anyone know where to get this part or has died a successful alternative. Any thoughts on changing it to a m8 hollow bolt with a banjo barb. That would be similar to changing #5 here:
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=13_0110

to the late style, as seen here:
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=13_0113

Nobody seems to have the correct size (m8x1.0 to m12x1.5) of the original part.
    5-500403.JPG

My Cars
    1981 bmw 320i
    They have a image showing that adapter.
    Probably will have to call to get a price.

https://www.deloreanautoparts.com/de...injection.html
    cis-fuel-adaptors.jpg

My Cars
    E21, E24, E34, E46
    Unless the fitting has some sort of valve or orifice in it (doubt it) an 8mm banjo bolt will work fine.

My Cars
    1977 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by Layne View Post
    Unless the fitting has some sort of valve or orifice in it (doubt it) an 8mm banjo bolt will work fine.
    No, it's just (similar to) what they call "ferrule" these days: it has a conical shaped end (the "compression entrance"- Delorean pic) on the 12x1.5 side; where the nipple lays against it.

Thanks for the great info. I will try the deleorean guys first, then go with a banjo bolt. I'm hoping to not have to replace the whole line. I over tightened the fitting.

My Cars
    1977 320i
    John Hervey, at www.deleoreanautoparts.com , is going to make me a new line with the correct new banjo fittings on each side. $30. Not bad considering NOBODY has this part anymore. I cannot find an M8 to anything adapter.

Question: At this juncture in question, is the fuel going IN or OUT of the fuel distributor? Has to be IN right?

My Cars
    E21, E34, E39, POS2015VW
    I'm going to contact him to have him make two (one for me to purchase.) Good heads up.

My Cars
    E21, E24, E34, E46
    Quote Originally Posted by dups View Post
    Question: At this juncture in question, is the fuel going IN or OUT of the fuel distributor? Has to be IN right?
    The fuel distributor has arrows on all the ports indicating flow direction.

My Cars
    1977 320i
    Anyone happen to know the size of the EARLY model 14mm hollow bolt which connects to the line in question here. John says a 14mm wrench implies an M10, but I don't know the pitch and length. Guessing it's M10x1.5 and I can measure the length. I'm just sort of doing other things, it's still in there. Thank you all for any help!

My Cars
    1977 320i
    I think it's M10x1.5x23mm longbanjo bolt.jpg

My Cars
    E21, E24, E34, E46
    Banjo bolts are never going to be 10x1.5... always extra fine thread, probably 10x1.0

My Cars
    E21, E34, E39, POS2015VW
    Couldn't see the part numbers on that link. (I think you meant this link for late style):
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=13_0113

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Layne View Post
    Banjo bolts are never going to be 10x1.5... always extra fine thread, probably 10x1.0
    Layne, that reasoning is sound, but the diagrams are all showing 1.5 thread pitch.

(I don't have a thread pitch gauge handy, but can borrow my neighbor's tomorrow to check my bolts to get a definitive answer...

My Cars
    1981 320i silver
    You should be able to figure thread pitch without a pitch gauge. Count off 10 threads and measure them. If 10mm then the pitch is 1.0; if 10 threads measures 15mm then the pitch is 1.5.

- - - Updated - - -

Your picture is no good dups. We need to be able to see how many mm that threaded part is and count the threads and then divide.

My Cars
    E21, E34, E39, POS2015VW
    Quote Originally Posted by okieflats View Post
    You should be able to figure thread pitch without a pitch gauge. Count off 10 threads and measure them. If 10mm then the pitch is 1.0; if 10 threads measures 15mm then the pitch...
    I was afraid my neighbor was gonna say that when i asked him to borrow the thread pitch gauge.

Anyhow I found four different size of banjo bolts. The bigger ones' thread pitch is 1.5 while the smaller ones' is 1.0.
    Last edited by Allenwilson33; 01-19-2018 at 02:45 AM.

My Cars
    E21, E24, E34, E46
    Looks like you've probably got an 8x1, 10x1, 12x1.5, and 14x1.5

My Cars
    1977 320i
    Which means mine ('77 big wur hollow bolt) is probably a 10x1. As always, we've got some good info here for future legionaries.

My Cars
    1977 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by okieflats View Post
    Your picture is no good dups. We need to be able to see how many mm that threaded part is and count the threads and then divide.
    I googled "how to measure bolts" and read that one should "measure any part that goes below the surface." No info on measuring banjo bolts or others that have threads well below the head, though.
    This was just the picture I sent to John, who is making the line for me (before I realized it was irrelevant since I can reuse this one). Now, I just need to tell him the length and he'll make it up. I need it today though, our other car died and I've got a rental for the week.

I honestly can't believe this adapter, or any M8 to??? adapter doesn't exist anymore. But even Bosch seems to start at M10.

My Cars
    E21, E34, E39, POS2015VW
    I googled "how to measure bolts" and read that one should "measure any part that goes below the surface." No info on measuring banjo bolts or others that have threads well below the head, though.
    Not sure how that's appearing in context but I'm 100% certain that is not the way to measure threads. I was joking around about being lazy but joking aside you definitely only measure a {metric} fastener's thread pitch by counting the number of threads per centimeter.
    I'm not an engineer or a technical writer, but my neighbor's a retired machinist with cut threads for years and he's confirmed this. Oh geez, this seems like when i was growing up and we didn't have the internet at our fingertips (and i sound like the kid saying "such as such is true because my older brother said so" haha.
    Last edited by Allenwilson33; 01-20-2018 at 01:54 AM.

My Cars
    E21, E30, E23
    I just went through this also. I found a vw rabbit complete cis fuel system for sale and picked that up for $100. It had the fitting in it and also had all the stainless lines. They were a little short going to injectors so I had to route them different but it turned out pretty good. If anyone ever finds the fitting I would be interested in picking up a spare.

My Cars
    1977 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottr09 View Post
    I just went through this also. I found a vw rabbit complete cis fuel system for sale and picked that up for $100. It had the fitting in it and also had all the stainless lines. They were a little short going to injectors so I had to route them different but it turned out pretty good. If anyone ever finds the fitting I would be interested in picking up a spare.
    What year was the VW?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allenwilson33 View Post
    Not sure how that's appearing in context but I'm 100% certain that is not the way to measure threads. I was joking around about being lazy but joking aside you definitely only measure a {metric} fastener's thread pitch by counting the number of threads per centimeter.
    I'm not an engineer or a technical writer, but my neighbor's a retired machinist with cut threads for years and he's confirmed this. Oh geez, this seems like when i was growing up and we didn't have the internet at our fingertips (and i sound like the kid saying "such as such is true because my older brother said so" haha.
    I was only measuring length at the time, was hoping John would know the pitch on an M10 banjo bolt...like Layne did.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, I'm getting the line tonight. My only worry is that the banjo bolt will be too long.

My Cars
    E21, E30, E23
    What year was the VW?
    Early 80's I believe. Complete vw cis systems seem to be all over eBay too. Throw BMW on anything and it instantly costs double.

My Cars
    1983 BMW 320i M20 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottr09 View Post
    Early 80's I believe. Complete vw cis systems seem to be all over eBay too. Throw BMW on anything and it instantly costs double.
    Or Porsche
    1999 Z3 Coupe 2.8L

CHECK OUT >>>
    RAGE DRIFT DESIGNS <<< FOR DECALS AND MORE!

My Cars
    1980 e21, 1985 323i
    I have a fuel distributor from an 82 is that is just sitting in my shop. Anyone what it for cheap; like 50 plus shipping?
    thanks,
    jm

My Cars
    1977 320i
    wouldn't you know it...An e21 FINALLY comes to my local junkyard, and this is what I get. But hey, at least it's an early model. I can finally fix my mirror!
    e21.jpegengine.jpeginterior.jpegrear.jpeg

Who needs a...e-brake?

My Cars
    '78 320i
    post the link in this thread, too

http://www.langtools.com/sku-71404-a...e-with-o-ring/

I over-tightened mine also and found this after a long search. Been using for a couple of weeks and so far so good.

My Cars
    E21, E30, E23
    Quote Originally Posted by nborror View Post
    post the link in this thread, too

http://www.langtools.com/sku-71404-a...e-with-o-ring/

I over-tightened mine also and found this after a long search. Been using for a couple of weeks and so far so good.
    Wow someone found one. I'm about to order a handful of these just in case. I would probably use a crush washer instead of the o ring. Any one else have any input on using this part?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast