RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Vibration

My Cars
    BMW 428I

Vibration

Hello all... this is my first post here. I have been reading on here for a while but never posted anything. You all seem pretty smart and have great solutions to many problems. Here is my issue. I had my(2014) exhaust bipast (before the muffler) it sounds great, however it vibrates really bad inside the cabin and makes the car feel cheap. I have a hard time believing this is normal as so many owners do the same? Is it normal? What could cause it? Any input would be greatly appreciated.. if I'm posting in the wrong place, my apologies...
    Thanks for reading this.

My Cars
    '05 ///M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc88101 View Post
    Hello all... this is my first post here. I have been reading on here for a while but never posted anything. You all seem pretty smart and have great solutions to many problems. Here is my issue. I had my(2014) exhaust bipast (before the muffler) it sounds great, however it vibrates really bad inside the cabin and makes the car feel cheap. I have a hard time believing this is normal as so many owners do the same? Is it normal? What could cause it? Any input would be greatly appreciated.. if I'm posting in the wrong place, my apologies...
    Thanks for reading this.
    You mean it drones at certain rpm and makes your ears ring? What do you mean that it makes the car vibrate?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My Cars
    BMW 428I
    Hi, thank you for asking... I. don't mind that drone at all... but the inside cabin vibrates really really bad. The passengers feet are almost getting a massage while I'm driving. I feel like I'm in an old beater. My car has only 26,000 miles on it. I have never had a vibration whatsoever. I just got the exhaust done a few hours ago....

My Cars
    '05 ///M3
    Hi, thank you for asking... I. don't mind that drone at all... but the inside cabin vibrates really really bad. The passengers feet are almost getting a massage while I'm driving. I feel like I'm in an old beater. My car has only 26,000 miles on it. I have never had a vibration whatsoever. I just got the exhaust done a few hours ago....
    Can you post a video recording of what it sounds like in car? I can't quite figure out what that can be from exhaust. Almost sounds like driveshaft vibration from bad guibo or csb. Does it happen while idling or only during driving?

My Cars
    BMW 428I
    It's not a sound thing at all... sounds great! But when you accelerate it vibrates like crazy. The floor board, center console and entire cab inside vibrates.. not a loud exhaust vibration..more of a im going to loosen bolts and screws vibration. Could it be the guy didn't secure the pipe properly and its touching the undercarriage thus causing the vibration?
    Last edited by Marc88101; 01-16-2018 at 01:31 AM.

My Cars
    '05 ///M3
    It's not a sound thing at all... sounds great! But when you accelerate it vibrates like crazy. The floor board, center console and entire cab inside vibrates.. not a loud exhaust vibration..more of a im going to loosen bolts and screws vibration. Could it be the guy didn't secure the pipe properly and its touching the undercarriage thus causing the vibration?
    And you are sure that vibration is from the exhaust rather than say, driveshaft? Maybe he didn't tighten one of the flanges on exhaust, but that should be so violent as to give passengers a foot massage .

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    I’m betting the exhaust system is hitting the underside of the chassis. Get the car up on a lift and check it out.

My Cars
    BMW 428I
    Thanks. I'll take it back today and see what they say.