Thread: 2 items NEW HARNESSES and smallest battery that will start an S54

My Cars
    2002, 320is, 328is, M3

2 items NEW HARNESSES and smallest battery that will start an S54

Hey guys and gals, my seat belts will age out this year. Can never figure the logic in having to replace belts every 5 years when the guy in his street car next to me can run oem belts forever but that rant is for another day. I currently run the low budget Simpson latch link belts and they have done the job well enough to be a replacement candidate. I 've been in some cars that run very low budget harnesses that are harder to adjust and was just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the G Force 5 point and the other direction the Schroth 5 point harnesses. Thought are appreciated.

Also still,always looking to pull weight out of the car and was wondering if anyone is running their track car on a lawn tractor battery. Looking at Braile and all the other high dollar high tech batteries but was wondering why a lawn tractor or even a motorcycle battery would not do the trick. I know at this point someone is thinking you don't have enough juice to start it but I would supplement it for starting with a jump box if needed. Maybe all just a waste of time but fun to tinker with. Anyone that has played with this please feel free to chime in. Thanks
    ME:"I want to make my car faster and lighter"
    THEM:" Get out and let someone else drive"

My Cars
    Many
    You don't have to replace your belts if you are just doing HPDE or track days. The expiration is only for cars tech'd for door to door racing.

I run a 1lb lithium ion battery in my car with no issue. I have run lawn mower and jet ski batteries in the past and had some issue with them having enough juice to turn the car over in cold weather. If you have a jump box, no worries.

My Cars
    90 325
    The Racequip harnesses are pretty easy on the budget and are easy to adjust. I like them over the g force personally.

Interstate has a 20ah battery that is equivalent size to the craptastic pc680. It's only about 40-50 bux, agm that can be set in any orientation. It has done excellent in my race car. I've had lots of pc680's and a few of their equivalents, but this one has been great.
    Back into a BMW, this time a track rat....and it won't be BMW powered and no, not a V8 either!
    Couldn't help myself, boosted e36 m52 street car in progress also!

My Cars
    2002, 320is, 328is, M3
    Thanks for the input guys. PCA ages out the belts so yes I do need to replace them. I know some groups are less strict but I run with 6 different groups and most look at the dates on the belts and will send you to your room with no pudding if you don't comply.

My Cars
    2002, 320is, 328is, M3
    Bought an Antigravity Lithium battery. Should save about 35 pounds or so over what is in there now. Hard to believe how light these things are. Went over to the local cycle shop as they had some in stock for Harleys. When he handed me the box I though it was empty. 480 cca at 3.5 pounds.

My Cars
    Many
    You can try http://www.murraymotorsport.com for harnesses. They are exceptionally cheap. I have used them for seats, harnesses, a helmet bag, a suit and a steering wheel. It takes a week or so to get the parts, but you cannot beat the prices.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    I am running 1,94Kg Beltenick lithium race battery. Has been flawless for 2 summers.
    A friend lately installed one for his V12 BiTurbo black series and it can turn that engine too easily.

Z3 & E36 RamAir systems, send private message for more information.